Search

Gotogate experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Gotogate experiences?

Hi guys

Dont know if this will be the right place where to post it... if not please move it

I want to know if anyone has any experence with Gotogate. I have read some post on some sites but all complain about problems when they try to change the booking or get in touch with the contact center or something like that.

I have to book a ROM to CAN fly, and Gotogate is about 60 Euros lower than Expedia. Even with the 3 Euros they charge for the bag is a good deal. I have checked that i can even put my FF number from any airline right with my reservation (not all sites alow that). The only downsize so far is that says that you need to pay to choose you seats...i dont know if i will get a booking reference to contact the airline and book seats by my self

So for some one that will not make any changes, do not need to speak to the contact center and just want to save some money...... is any good?

Last edited by PABLOCO; Oct 31, 2016 at 12:18 am
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Ive used them many times and the tickets were always ok. Only 1 time I had a problem was that they didnt inform me of a flight cancellation and I only found out by chance 1 day before, so keep an eye on your itinerary.

You should be able to book the seats separately (youll get a PNR from gotogate which you can use on the airlines website), dont pay for any of their extras. As for the FF number, you can also always add that later, no matter what agent you book the tickets with
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
I've used them a couple of times without any real problems.

The only time I had to contact them was when my BCN>JFK flight time was changed by 4 minutes. Fortunately this actually suited me better because I wanted to fly on the a380 so I called the airline directly to try to change the flight time stating that this 4 minutes was a huge inconvenience to my trip (I lied and they didn't buy it) so I contacted GoToGate by email and they changed the flight without question.

I've heard mixed reviews about them though so be cautious.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Still using gotogate and today had another issue :

This time, my flight got cancelled and I did get an email from them. Was offered an alternative flight 6 hours earlier on a different carrier which wasnt suitable and when I asked for a refund instead, was told that gotogate will apply a 10 pound per person charge as a same day alternative was offered.

That being said, ive also had many problem free bookings too, so I would still use them again if they were significantly cheaper than booking direct with an airline.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I've used them four times, each with no problems. Have a look at older posts in the BAEC forum where I think quite a few people were using them last year for ex BGO and SVG itineraries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.