Travel Up - fraudsters?

Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Travel Up - fraudsters?

Any advice on this matter would be hugely appreciated!

I booked a multi sector journey on Iberia in business class with travel up. On receiving the confirmation email, I noticed that one of the sectors, TLV-MAD, had been booked into F class, indicated as "First" on the itinerary. I know Iberia don't offer a first class cabin, so I called the airline and had it confirmed by one of their agents that the sector in question had been ticketed in economy. I then emailed travel up asking for either a ticket reissue or a full refund and was flatly denied either. The agent even admitted that it was their system which failed to recognise that Iberia use the F selling class for economy, which is why the flight was offered for sale as J or higher and described as "First" on the confirmation, but still refused to rectify the situation.

Selling a business class ticket at a business class price, describing it as "First" after purchase but then providing economy strikes me as fraud. I've contacted my credit card company and they're starting to look into it - but does anybody here have any other advice on what I can do? Apart from avoiding Travel Up in future?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
I would say your credit card will have your back unless you knowingly booked coach and just had a 'typo' confirmation email looking for some unfortunate gain. However, if that is not the case i.e. search J, description J/Biz, then go ahead purchasing J but receive Y, screenshot will be your best buddy.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
I would say your credit card will have your back unless you knowingly booked coach and just had a 'typo' confirmation email looking for some unfortunate gain. However, if that is not the case i.e. search J, description J/Biz, then go ahead purchasing J but receive Y, screenshot will be your best buddy.
I don't have a screenshot of the payment page with the flight descriptions, as I wasn't anticipating having to use it, but I searched for J, it came back as J, and both the confirmation email and e-ticket clearly say F and describe the cabin as first class on that sector. A bit like buying a sofa and getting a deck chair delivered...
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
It might help your case, try redo the booking if the price is still same, screenshot as far as you can before giving cc info. That way the $ amount can x-reference.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just call your credit card and explain the situation and cancel the whole transaction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.