Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone Ever Use Priceline for Air Tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:25 am
Original Poster

On Biddingfortravel.com, all of the airfare postings are years old. There are no airfare postings at all on Betterbidding.com.

Does anyone have any info on what sort of deals are available on Priceline for NYOP airfares? Or does no one use it because the schedule uncertainties are too much too bear?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:10 pm

For a second, when I saw your username, I was wondering if somebody hacked my Flyertalk account and was posting things in my name.

I've tried to use it before, during times when I had significant flexibility regarding my schedule and cost was the only limiting factor. I was never able to get it to accept my bid, and I went as high as 80% of the published price without getting anything. This was also flying between hub airports and not during peak times. I've tried helping family members use it as well, but none of them have gotten bids accepted. I expect with full planes nowadays, there isn't much incentive to significantly discount ticket prices.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:40 am

I had used it once a few years ago to purchase a RT to Hawaii from LAX for 300$.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
... There are no airfare postings at all on Betterbidding.com.

Does anyone have any info on what sort of deals are available on Priceline for NYOP airfares? Or does no one use it because the schedule uncertainties are too much too bear?
Admittedly old, but on Betterbidding.com is
RDU Raleigh --> FSD Sioux Falls $380 11/25/15-11/29/15. The poster notes that it is roughly what normal airfare would be with advanced purchase and non-holiday time. However, this was last minute and across Thanksgiving. There are earlier successful posts also.

Regarding bearing the schedule uncertainties, it really depends upon one's personal situation and pocketbook.

The bidding is free, so is one can handle those uncertainties, why not try?

Romelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.