Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Travel Trolley or Qatar Airlines error?

Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Sorry if I've misplaced this thread, I am yet to make sense of the navigation around the site but it is early days.

Right, I purchased a ticket to South Africa through Travel Trolley and everything was fine, recieved my E-ticket, fine. Name was perfect, no complaints.

However, I come to check my ticket on Qatar Airways and my name is looking a bit odd. On my ticket my name is ForenameStatus Surname, so Hollymiss Surname. Is this usual, I'm not the most well travelled individual so have no idea how these things work? On my e-ticket my name is as to be expected, Surname Forename Status. Would any of you fine, seasoned travellers be able to assist me?

Many thanks
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I've had this happen in the past (i.e. Mr. John Smith shows up at JohnMr Smith). Never had a problem.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Dont worry, it happens all the time.

It will be sorted out at check-in (if it is an issue; most likely it is not)
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:22 pm

I think something like "LAST/FIRSTMR" is a fairly common way Amadeus bookings show up. It's not an issue, don't worry.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:42 pm

Same problem, please help...

Hi @Hollycast

I know that this message is a year later... but I am having the exact same problem with the same travel agent (Travel Trolley) and airline (Qatar airways). My name is down as Michellemiss Surname.

I am so worried right now and was just wondering if you could please tell me what happened in the end for you and/or if you were able to have it changed before you flew?

On the off chance that you do reply, thank you so so much in advance.

Warm regards,

Michelle

Originally Posted by Hollycast
Sorry if I've misplaced this thread, I am yet to make sense of the navigation around the site but it is early days.

Right, I purchased a ticket to South Africa through Travel Trolley and everything was fine, recieved my E-ticket, fine. Name was perfect, no complaints.

However, I come to check my ticket on Qatar Airways and my name is looking a bit odd. On my ticket my name is ForenameStatus Surname, so Hollymiss Surname. Is this usual, I'm not the most well travelled individual so have no idea how these things work? On my e-ticket my name is as to be expected, Surname Forename Status. Would any of you fine, seasoned travellers be able to assist me?

Many thanks
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by michelle5maya
Hi @Hollycast

I know that this message is a year later... but I am having the exact same problem with the same travel agent (Travel Trolley) and airline (Qatar airways). My name is down as Michellemiss Surname.

I am so worried right now and was just wondering if you could please tell me what happened in the end for you and/or if you were able to have it changed before you flew?

Warm regards,

Michelle
Very unlikely the OP will reply. In any case this is nothing to worry about, it's obviously the honorific added by mistake. Happens on about 30% of flights I have taken recently. Never a problem. Relax!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by michelle5maya
Hi @Hollycast

Warm regards,

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Oh gosh, I can remember exactly how I felt at the time. I tried to have it changed but they were trying to charge me Ł450. Luckily, I decided to chance it and I had no problem at all. I spoke to a lady at the airport and she said that it's never an issue, some systems have different ways of formatting things so they see all sorts of variants.

Have a safe flight,
Holly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.