Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Seeking advice: Priceline misleading location results in charge for room not used

Seeking advice: Priceline misleading location results in charge for room not used

Old May 4, 2016, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Here's what I get when I Priceline "Lordsburg, NM"

Note that it says "Hotels in Lordsburg" and the first two on the list are in Deming.

Sneaky crap from Priceline when the two towns are many miles apart. It's late at night, the search was for a certain town, and the OP reserved what he thought, in his tired state, was a hotel in Lordsburg.

Priceline is sleazy this way. They're probably covered by their T&Cs, but it is a poor way to do business.

I think you're probably stuck, OP. I empathize with you.
Doc, your posts have been nothing but extremely helpful! Appreciate it!
Old May 5, 2016, 1:49 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Since it appears to be a Priceline issue rather than a HHonors issue per se, we'll move this to the Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies FT forum for more help. Note the thread title has been changed to be more meaningful for that forum (was "Seeking advice: Hampton charges for a not used night").

Kiwi Flyer
FT Hilton HHonors forum co-moderator
Old May 15, 2016, 6:17 am
Original Poster

An update: filed a dispute with Barklays (priceline card issuer) and they credited back the whole amount. What can I say? I love priceline and, now, Barklays. Sticking to them in all my travels!

Special thanks to all who have made constructive and helpful comments here! Appreciate it, guys!
Old May 15, 2016, 6:44 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I'm pleasantly surprised, and glad it worked out for you. I do agree that in a lot of areas, they include cities/towns that are far away from the place you are looking at, and I really wish they wouldn't do that.

Near me, if I search PL for the Bangor, Maine vicinity, they also give me hotels in Ellsworth and Bar Harbor, which are areas where no reasonable person would want to stay if they need to be in Bangor. Just like nobody would stay in Bangor if they really needed to be in Bar Harbor.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lo2e
I'm pleasantly surprised, and glad it worked out for you. I do agree that in a lot of areas, they include cities/towns that are far away from the place you are looking at, and I really wish they wouldn't do that.

Near me, if I search PL for the Bangor, Maine vicinity, they also give me hotels in Ellsworth and Bar Harbor, which are areas where no reasonable person would want to stay if they need to be in Bangor. Just like nobody would stay in Bangor if they really needed to be in Bar Harbor.
I see that. At the same time, when travelling from a far, one wish that there would be a way to cancel a purchase within 5-10 minutes, like Amazon allows.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Here's what I get when I Priceline "Lordsburg, NM".
At least you saw that much. Probably much worse if using a phone app n a small phone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.