Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

No show on a British Airways flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

I missed by BA flight that I had booked through an agent Justfly. I know it sounds bad, and it is.

But they cancelled all my flights and are not willing to refund or rebook any of my flights even for a fee. I did not really see this in any fare rules with Justfly of BA.

What can I do in my situation? (I will even lie now)

I don't understand why I would pay when no services were rendered by any of them. And my booking did not say this. The ticket policy was the following: Changes:
In the event changes are permitted for your fare, there will be a minimum fee of $250.00 USD per passenger . There may be additional fees or differences in price charged by 3rd party suppliers that will vary by carrier, market, and specific fare rule.

Cancellations:
If your fare allows for cancellations, a minimum fee of $250.00 USD per passenger will be charged at the time of cancellation, and an airline fee is applied at the time of rebooking. If permitted by the airline, the remaining funds may be available within one year of the cancellation.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Pushkar Kolhe
I missed by BA flight that I had booked through an agent Justfly. I know it sounds bad, and it is.

But they cancelled all my flights and are not willing to refund or rebook any of my flights even for a fee. I did not really see this in any fare rules with Justfly of BA.

I don't understand why I would pay when no services were rendered by any of them. And my booking did not say this. The ticket policy was the following: Changes:
In the event changes are permitted for your fare, there will be a minimum fee of $250.00 USD per passenger . There may be additional fees or differences in price charged by 3rd party suppliers that will vary by carrier, market, and specific fare rule.

Cancellations:
If your fare allows for cancellations, a minimum fee of $250.00 USD per passenger will be charged at the time of cancellation, and an airline fee is applied at the time of rebooking. If permitted by the airline, the remaining funds may be available within one year of the cancellation.
This is pretty standard. If you no-show for the first flight in a reservation, all following flights are also cancelled.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The fare rules of your ticket will determine whether changes/cancellations are allowed - not the general rules of Justfly that you refer to.

Most likely your BA ticket does not allow any changes or cancellation. Then you are SOL by no-showing for the flight. If you no-show all segments will be cancelled. Only if the fare rules allow changes you will be able rebook (for a change fee + fare difference to BA + any penalty for no-show and USD 250 to Justfly, i.e. it will not be cheap). Again this provides that the fare rules allow rebooking; most likely your BA fare does not allow it.

Sorry, but I think you will have to buy a new ticket.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Pushkar Kolhe

Cancellations:
Which means you will have to book your flights again and be subjected to the new terms and conditions and you will need to purchase a new ticket as the value has been lost as you failed to cancel before arriving at the airport. I am sorry this has happened to you and I know its a tough lesson to learn. In the future if you cannot make a flight it helps to call the airline even if you are subjected to the $250 change fee and fare difference your ticket will be valid for a year.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I am always surprised that the airlines get away with burying something that can have such a major impact in the small print and that the parts they do show only say "if" and "may" instead of telling you exactly what rules apply to your ticket. However I fear that what people have told you above is true. If you do not cancel the flight in advance then, in most cases, you lose everything and have to buy a new ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.