Wiki Posts
Search

Fluege.de and AirlineDirect

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Fluege.de and AirlineDirect

These are a couple of sites the European (German) Kayak points to.

I've never booked with them, looked around the web but could not find anything substantial about either - they often show significantly cheaper prices for air tickets.

Do either of them have a particularly good/bad rep ?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: FB, velib
same question here about fluege.de
Old May 1, 2016, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
I think I'll probably pass on them.

I have seen relatively more posts regarding these sites complaining about poor service and non-existing tickets. Most of the posts complained about zero customer service, which is not a real problem unless something goes wrong - and that's a risk I am usually prepared to take.

However, I have also seen a fair number of reports about changing schedules (the OTA selling a ticket that does not exist, at least not in that fare class). If this happens other than very rarely, you do need the customer service.

SO I would wildly guess that whereas you have one in ten thousand bookings having terrible experiences with a major player such as Orbitz, it is closer to say one in a thousand with these guys - and perhaps one in several hundred with complex multi-leg multi-airline bookings.

D.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: FB, velib
thanks!

Originally Posted by dand99
I think I'll probably pass on them.

I have seen relatively more posts regarding these sites complaining about poor service and non-existing tickets. Most of the posts complained about zero customer service, which is not a real problem unless something goes wrong - and that's a risk I am usually prepared to take.

However, I have also seen a fair number of reports about changing schedules (the OTA selling a ticket that does not exist, at least not in that fare class). If this happens other than very rarely, you do need the customer service.

SO I would wildly guess that whereas you have one in ten thousand bookings having terrible experiences with a major player such as Orbitz, it is closer to say one in a thousand with these guys - and perhaps one in several hundred with complex multi-leg multi-airline bookings.

D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.