Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

HotelClub.com to be merged into Hotels.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver

Just received this communication from HotelClub.com.

Didn't realize Expedia took over Orbitz a year ago...

Expedia to Acquire Orbitz Worldwide for $12 Per Share in Cash

Had a great run with HC.com for many years -- I'm Platinum Member for the 7% cash back, 22 bookings in 3 years -- they were responsive and when my (confirmed) booking was once denied when reaching my hotel in Shanghai, a call to the service desk fixed the problem.

Expedia so far has been hit and miss in terms of customer services (getting unpaid taxes refunded on a cancelled flight took me about 3 months of negotiation!).

HotelClub is joining Hotels.com

As one of our valued customers, we're delighted to let you know that HotelClub will soon be joining Hotels.com, providing you with an exciting new range of travel benefits.

Here are some important details on these changes. You may also like to visit our FAQs for further information.

When will HotelClub join Hotels.com?
HotelClub will join Hotels.com on 15th February, 2016. You can continue to book via HotelClub as normal until this date. After 15th February, 2016, you will be able to make new bookings on Hotels.com

What will happen to my existing HotelClub bookings when HotelClub joins Hotels.com?
Any bookings made on HotelClub before 15th February, 2016 will be unaffected. All you need to do is enjoy your trip.

What will happen to my HotelClub Member Rewards points when HotelClub joins Hotels.com?
From 15th February, 2016, you will be able to swap any unused Member Rewards points for equivalent credit which you’ll be able to use on Hotels.com.

What do I need to do right now?
If you'd like to use your Member Rewards points on HotelClub, you'll need to apply them to a HotelClub booking on or before 11:59pm (AEDT) on 14th February, 2016.
Otherwise, we'll be in touch soon with further information about how you can swap your Member Rewards points for equivalent credit to use on Hotels.com. Until then, continue enjoying the benefits of your HotelClub membership.
Julien
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:41 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

oh man, that sucks. I'm also platinum and happy. HC Member Rewards is so much better.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by hco
oh man, that sucks. I'm also platinum and happy. HC Member Rewards is so much better.
I know, same here... HC always had better prices than Expedia/H.com for APAC. Very convenient for Japan, Taiwan or Australia.

Julien
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:34 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

HC program is so much more flexible. I don't like the hotels.com free night program. And HC had higher cashback too. Oh well...
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:13 am

FYI (for those who don't know already):
Orbitz bought HotelClub.
Expedia Inc bought Orbitz.
Expedia Inc owns Hotels.com.
Hence HotelClub changing to Hotels.com.
M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y-!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.