Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Unable to replicate Google Flights deal

Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...0-NRTORD0AA154

The flight I found is $602 from HKG to ORD on Jan 10 if I book with JAL according to Google Flights. However, every search engine including JAL the flight is over $1000. Is there anything else I can do to book this fare?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:00 pm

I am seeing prices about 3x what you state while using your Google Flights link (and I'm not looking at HKD). I would guess that deal expired?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, it's no longer showing. It was there up until about 2 hours ago.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:55 pm

Happens all the time with google flights. Makes it almost useless.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:58 am

Does anybody know what they are using for availability?
They likely have excellent fare info (via ITA), but maybe their availability source is weak or they are caching too aggressively (given that availability generally costs money and airlines also get upset if you hit them too hard)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.