Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Multimodal travel booking? (Bus, Train, Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Hi guys

I was just wondering what was your opinion on Multimodal booking.
By Multimodal I mean ways of looking for transportation which will include, along with flights, also connection to the airports by bus or train or it will propose you No flight at all. The major advantage is that you can look from anywhere to anywhere instead of only airport cities.

Wanderio, GoEuro and Rome2Rio just to cite some. Here in Europe it's supposed to work quite good considering so many airports and such complex road/rail network. However it still did not kick-in as I expected.

What do you think? What is your perception in the US?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:35 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Welcome to FlyerTalk, simone.zandara!

Speaking only about rail (I haven't taken a city-to-city bus in a LONG time), I would love connections like what you describe. I would love to easily book a flight from east coast to west coast combined with Amtrak's Coast Starlight for example, or a flight to Chicago with Amtrak's California Zephyr.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Poster

That is indeed what I expected to hear. I think online agencies should invest more in this kind of routing. I often have to catch a bus or a train to reach a certain airport especially if it's cheaper and it would be just nice to have a full plan which lets me coordinate my time properly.

Also here in Europe there are a lot of quite cheap bus connections. I know it's not so comfortable to move around with the bus but sometimes it might save you up to 200 euros which is not little.

Also, lots of people do not live next to an airport and the departure airport might not be always one. A person could live in the middle of two or three airports and he/she will have to spend much more time to search all three departure airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.