Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Travel Agents with ability to modify Point Of Sale?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, TK*G, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, etc

Hi all,

I'm trying to book a one-way GMP -- PEK (stopover) -- BOM itinerary. Air China flies direct, but here's the fun part:

If I price on Matrix with Seoul as the City of Sale, I get a price of $336 booking into U.
If I take any other city, I get a price of ~$700+ booking into a much higher bucket.

Annoyingly, Air China's Korean website also refuses to let me price the ticket correctly (in English, at least - my Korean's a little rusty).

So, a question - is there any travel agent out there, online or otherwise, that will cut me a ticket with a Seoul point of sale? Bonus points if they speak English

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Have you tried to get in touch with a travel agent in Korea?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
This Google search string:

"travel agent" site:.kr

(note the period between the colon and "kr") will find travel agents in Korea. It will also find a few other things, like international airlines with Korean offices that happen to mention the phrase "travel agent" on their site, but you'll have lots to choose from.

You can also try it with agency for agent to get a slightly different, but overlapping, set of results.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
CRS systems will allow the agent to quote a fare with a differeny point of sale but they cannot issue a ticket quoted in a location other than their own. If they do, they will be billed by the airline for the correct fare. Your only option is to use an agent in Korea for this. Alternatively use a travel agent with overseas locations who can get their overseas office to issue the ticket - Carlson Wagonlit? Hogg Robinson etc.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
We'll move this to test the waters on online bookings. Otherwise contacting someone in Korea might be the best bet.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:37 am

You could try expedia korea, they likely have a local POS and you can use the site in English. I'm not sure if they do any restriction on your form of payment, eg must be a korean issued credit card or not.

Good luck!
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AmEx PTS used to make a big deal about how they could creatively issue plane tickets from different points of sale to save money.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AmEx PTS used to make a big deal about how they could creatively issue plane tickets from different points of sale to save money.
Canadian PTS at least can't do that. I tried to get a ticket issued with a US POS using my CAD Plat. No dice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.