Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

New browser extension to reveal hotels for Priceline Express Deals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New browser extension to reveal hotels for Priceline Express Deals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rb.sr
OS 10.6.8. Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 (64-bit)

Works only if procedure in post #11 followed. (clicking bell on search results page brings up dialog box and disables links until closed)
I could see the problem happening on a Mac. Seems that the chrome browser behavior is different on Mac and Windows. For Mac systems, when two browser windows are open simultaneously, the front window disables the back window. On Win systems, both windows remain active. That's why you don't see anything when you place your mouse over the deals (the extension popup disables the active tab).

I'll see if I can find a workaround for it, in the meantime you can always see the short list of hotels after clicking on the deal (as explained in #11).
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:44 am

This looks great - unfortunately the extension does not appear under that link.
I am based in the Uk so don't know if that has something to do with it - if so any chance it can be posted in the chrome UK store?!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jonathanev
This looks great - unfortunately the extension does not appear under that link.
I am based in the Uk so don't know if that has something to do with it - if so any chance it can be posted in the chrome UK store?!
The extension is available in all regions (included UK). Can you please double-check the link?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jokdpggfcefigk

Let me know if the problem persists.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:18 pm

Works perfectly. Great timesaver. Good job! Thank you!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:47 pm

That's great !! Saves a lot of note taking and checking....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
not working for me on OSX El Capitan

OSX10.11 and Chrome
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by squeakr
OSX10.11 and Chrome
Thanks for the info. Seems that any OS X version has the same behavior. You can still see hotels though after clicking on the deals.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This is a great idea. Nice work. Ill be trying it out on a mac in a few hours when im home. I usually book through priceline and have a few next week ill be excited to try this out on.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I love it. Using it on my mac in chrome and I dont even mind clicking through to view the deal. Much better than the game i was playing before.

You could also bring the predictive capability into this. When one hotel has many more reviews than other nearby options i feel like they always end up being the "deal" hotel
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I have won opaque hotels on PL that are not on mainline priceline.com.

I have also won hotels on Express Deals where the amenities stated do not conform to what priceline.com states the amenities are.

Buyer beware!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stvr
I have won opaque hotels on PL that are not on mainline priceline.com.

I have also won hotels on Express Deals where the amenities stated do not conform to what priceline.com states the amenities are.

Buyer beware!
Please let me know if anyone experiences something like that.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPSKI
I love it. Using it on my mac in chrome and I dont even mind clicking through to view the deal. Much better than the game i was playing before.

You could also bring the predictive capability into this. When one hotel has many more reviews than other nearby options i feel like they always end up being the "deal" hotel
Thanks for the feedback! That's probably true, specially given that bigger hotels usually have more spare capacity, and those tend to have more reviews. I also feel that the discount advertised is a good predictor of the hotel you get. Was that the case for you?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:20 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
OSX10.11 and Chrome
Ditto for me - the steps in post #11 worked perfectly for me, what a great timesaver!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I am still confused what to do.

Maybe I'm just really dense, but I don't understand what to do to see what hotels I might get on an express deal. Would someone be so kind as to lay out the steps I would take on my Mac to find out this information. No matter where I click or hover, I don't see any special information, although I do see the bell in the browser window.
Thanks so much - this seems like an amazing tool and I really hope to be able to use it.

Last edited by squeakr; Oct 11, 2015 at 3:45 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Maybe I'm just really dense, but I don't understand what to do to see what hotels I might get on an express steel. Would someone be so kind as to lay out the steps I would take on my Mac to find out this information. No matter where I click or hover, I don't see any special information, although I do see the bell in the browser window.
Thanks so much - this seems like an amazing tool and I really hope to be able to use it.
You have to select any individual deal first and then click the ring bell to see hotels for that deal. It should work then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.