Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

New browser extension to reveal hotels for Priceline Express Deals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New browser extension to reveal hotels for Priceline Express Deals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:20 pm

It's also not working for me today. Anyone else?

I love this extension though.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Not working.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg
It's also not working for me today. Anyone else?

I love this extension though.
Priceline recently did some changes to the design of their website. I will update it as soon as I get some time.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I removed the browser extension because its non-movable non-disappearing window blocked a button on a web page that I needed to press.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

I've just uploaded a new version to the chrome store that should fix the problem. It's working for me now, please confirm if it also works for you after the new version (1.0.8) is updated.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
I removed the browser extension because its non-movable non-disappearing window blocked a button on a web page that I needed to press.
This behavior is due to the latest update from Google Chrome itself (they make all extensions visible now all the time, even if not using them). You can reduce this area though with your mouse, the extensions that don't fit will hide under the menu icon.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I don't know which GC version I have, but your extension worked for me last night. Thank you for your presence here, hotelcanary. ^
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:26 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
It doesn't seem to be working for me right now - Mac OS X 10.11.4, Google Chrome 50.0.2661.86 (latest version)

In the list of deals, I click on the bell and get the message "Place your mouse over the area name and wait few seconds to see the list of hotels associated to the deal..." - I mouse over several different area names for about a minute and nothing appears. I'm not sure if the mouse cursor is supposed to change to a hand (as it normally does) when I mouse over an area name after clicking the bell, but I cannot get a hand pointer until I click somewhere on the screen, which then deactivates the bell. Not sure if this is normal behavior, but thought it might help to let you know in case it's not.

It used to work that I can go into a specific deal and possibly find out which hotel, but now if I go into a specific deal then click the bell, I only get the small menu - HotelCanary, Remove from Chrome, Hide in Chrome Menu, Manage Exceptions - so this is not working for me either.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lo2e
It doesn't seem to be working for me right now - Mac OS X 10.11.4, Google Chrome 50.0.2661.86 (latest version)

In the list of deals, I click on the bell and get the message "Place your mouse over the area name and wait few seconds to see the list of hotels associated to the deal..." - I mouse over several different area names for about a minute and nothing appears. I'm not sure if the mouse cursor is supposed to change to a hand (as it normally does) when I mouse over an area name after clicking the bell, but I cannot get a hand pointer until I click somewhere on the screen, which then deactivates the bell. Not sure if this is normal behavior, but thought it might help to let you know in case it's not.

It used to work that I can go into a specific deal and possibly find out which hotel, but now if I go into a specific deal then click the bell, I only get the small menu - HotelCanary, Remove from Chrome, Hide in Chrome Menu, Manage Exceptions - so this is not working for me either.
Thanks for the feedback Io2e. Unfortunately, this is a known issue with OS X, because the mouse pointer doesn't interact with the background page while the extension is open, and as you said, it will close the extension once you click on the page (so the extension cannot recognize where your mouse is pointing). I'm not sure this behavior can be modified in OS X. The solution would be integrating the extension with the checkout page once you've chosen a deal, which I plan to do as soon as I have some time to work on it. In the meantime, if you can try with a different OS, it should work there.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:19 pm

I couldn't get it to load.. just says it's loading hotels after I select a deal.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
I couldn't get it to load.. just says it's loading hotels after I select a deal.
Are you in a Mac or Windows?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:53 am
Original Poster

I'm getting a few reports from some people that the extension is not working for them, but I don't know what's happening for the silent majority. I know it's not working right now as it is for Mac users, but what about Windows users? Can you please report your experience? (You can PM me if you don't want to flood this thread)
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:45 pm

Beware!!!

This extension gave the wrong hotel! I wanted to book a 4* hotel in Washington, DC and this extension told me it's Hyatt. But when I paid through Priceline express deals, the hotel is a crappy 4* hotel having a lot of bedbugs report!!!

Called Priceline a few times and they refused to cancel the order for me. And I am totally screwed because of this extension!!! It should be removed from Google Chrome Store!!!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JudyHoffman
Beware!!!

This extension gave the wrong hotel! I wanted to book a 4* hotel in Washington, DC and this extension told me it's Hyatt. But when I paid through Priceline express deals, the hotel is a crappy 4* hotel having a lot of bedbugs report!!!

Called Priceline a few times and they refused to cancel the order for me. And I am totally screwed because of this extension!!! It should be removed from Google Chrome Store!!!
Hi JudyHoffman,

I am sorry about your experience. Let me explain how the extension works. It checks the hotels that match the criteria advertised in the express deal against the main priceline site, including area, stars, ratings, and amenities. It's similar to the process that people used to do manually but now it can be done with one click. That's why sometimes the list is longer and some other times is shorter. So far, many other people had great experiences with it. I'm unaware if Priceline offers hotels in the express deals section that are not advertised in their main site, but if it does, I would bet it doesn't happen very often. So it could be an issue of bad fortune in your particular case.

Again, I feel sorry about it, I just wanted to clarify how it works for people using it in the future.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by JudyHoffman
Beware!!!

Seriously? Your sense of entitlement and ignorance is what kills deals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.