Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels airlines and OTA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AE
Brussels airlines and OTA

Which is the best OTA for booking Brussels Airlines. I realize that Orbitz no longer covers them.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:24 am

The answer is "None".

OTA's can be useful for flight search purposes, but bookings work best when done directly with the airline, or, if you need help, through an honest-to-God actual travel agent.

Read some of the OTA horror stories here and on other boards. If, after that, you still insist on using an OTA, good luck to you (but please don't come back here looking for our help when things go south).
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:06 am

I find your statement that any OTA is by definition unreliable exaggerated.

I am sure you must have been ripped of by a taxidriver once. Does this bad experience means you are now not using any taxi at all anymore?

As in any business it depends on the company. I personally never had any trouble using different (Dutch) OTA's.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:21 pm

Some regular posters on here have axes to grind about OTAs.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by udontknowme
OTA's can be useful for flight search purposes, but bookings work best when done directly with the airline, or, if you need help, through an honest-to-God actual travel agent.
I second this. If problems occur (cancellation, rescheduling of flighst etc) you will be sorry that you booked with an OTA when caught in the limbo between OTA and carrier pointing fingers at each other. Dont expect any help from the OTA! Expedia is amoung the mopst incompetent here. There are so many examples in this thread on how things can go wrong when you book with a OTA that with a little research you will have learned that if you can book directly with the airline DO IT!
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:23 pm

People with problems post. People without problems do not.

Check out the individual airline threads for myriad examples of problems people have had with airlines after booking directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.