Issue with schedule change

Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Issue with schedule change

Booked flights using Vayama on TAM - reason being that TAM website did not offer the same flight options.

TAM has rescheduled some of the flights resulting in a 6.5 hour layover which I don't accept (there are better alternatives).

TAM says deal with Vayama (who are useless) but it is my understanding that Vayama is only an agent representing TAM and the CoC is between me and TAM.

Is there any way to force TAM to deal with me directly?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Nope. You deal with Vayama other than in IRROPS on the day of the flight. JJ can't touch the ticket.

Just one more of thousands of threads on FT from people who booked through third-party vendors such as Vayama.

For future guidance, if you can't book on the website, that doesn't mean it isn't bookable. Call in. Even if you are stuck with a call center fee (which ought to be waived), that's better than the mess OP faces.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Nope. You deal with Vayama other than in IRROPS on the day of the flight. JJ can't touch the ticket.

Just one more of thousands of threads on FT from people who booked through third-party vendors such as Vayama.

For future guidance, if you can't book on the website, that doesn't mean it isn't bookable. Call in. Even if you are stuck with a call center fee (which ought to be waived), that's better than the mess OP faces.
I did call it in but still wasn't possible. Also, try dealing with TAM, not much better then Vayama. What do you suggest if anything? 3 way call? DOT complaint?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:57 pm
Suspended

What exactly is going on with Vayama? Can you tell us what specifically you are asking Vayama to do and what they say happens if you won't accept the current rebook? That's really the crux of this.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

I'm flying JFK-GRU-MVD. The flights changed and I have been put on a later flight, increasing layover time from 3 to 6 hours.

There is an earlier flight (a legal connection) but they are unwilling to put me on it. There is also a later TAM flight leaving JFK reducing the layover to 4 hours, and an even better one on the AA codeshare (1.5 hr connection) - again they are not offering that as an option.

I'ts all business and they also downgraded GRU-MVD to Premium Economy but that's not an issue for me. Would even fly economy on the shorter legs if needed to avoid a long layover.

These flights are for the xmas period and the fare was good so a refund is not an option.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You need to ask Vayama to contact and deal with TAM to get this sorted out. Some persistancy may be required.

As the "only" consequence of the time schedule is an increase of the layover at GRU from 3 to 6 hours, it may turn out difficult for you to get rebooked (but I guess you already experienced that).

Originally Posted by erik123
There is an earlier flight (a legal connection) but they are unwilling to put me on it. There is also a later TAM flight leaving JFK reducing the layover to 4 hours, and an even better one on the AA codeshare (1.5 hr connection) - again they are not offering that as an option.
If the earlier flight is on a different airline than TAM, then forget it! - you will not be rebook OAL. Likewise the AA codeshare flight is not an option. The later TAM flight from JFK should be a possible alternative, but it all depends on whether TAM will allow it or not. Vayama needs to clear this with TAM.

Good luck - I think you will need it to get rebooked in your situation.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:07 am
Suspended

If you search FT for Vayama, you will find your situation time and again and most often with poor results.

Go into this understanding that nothing will happen and then be deliriously happy if you get what you seek.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.