anyone ever used bookvip.com

Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

anyone ever used bookvip.com

i just saw a promo for a hotel in Cabo San Lucas in Mexico-its a junior suite at a 5 star hotel(all-inclusive) in Cabo for $399-normally it runs > $1200-they didnt name the hotel but when i called the 1-877 num he told me it was Villa Del Palmar or I think thats what he said-I asked him to repeat it twice but words may have been lost in translation. I did mention that there will be a possibility of a third person in the rm and he said that will be an additional $145/night-which comes to $680-does not make sense to me. So I said if the rm is $399 then she will book her own rm and he said-no they wont allow that. None of this makes sense to me but its a beautiful property and airfare to cabo on AA is $300 so it would be a steal for $699. So curious if anyone have used bookvip.com or even stayed recently at villa del Palmar
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:16 pm

I've used them to book a room in Cancun. It was a timeshare pitch when we got there, but if you read the details you know that beforehand. We did our 90 min pitch and went on the rest of our trip. They have a lot of confirmation hoops to jump through, but they will help you to finish it - they want the referral. There was a resort fee that wasn't included in the initial price, but we still went with it.

All in all, the experience with booking wasn't terrible, but it was awkward. The company was legit. The offers are very narrow, you have to fit within their criteria. That is probably the reason for the big jump for the third person.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:02 pm

Please never repeat "$399" number again - you mislead others!!!!

I'll explain: attending 90min (might take longer, but who's counting when you're having fun) presentation at other properties pays a qualified couple up to $500 cash. You heard it right: up to $500 cash!!! Which you forgo (do not receive into your pocket) when you go to your presentation.

Now, want to state your new price? Then repeat after me: "$899"
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:28 am

It is Villa Del Palmar, we booked it via BookVIP. A few hoops, but not hard - mostly just making sure you understand and everything will go smooth. The hotel also contacts you direct. There is a small tax (like $30) and a resort fee of like $20 a day (direct to the hotel - but BookVip tells you about it) and return transport (they will pick you up from the airport) that goes on top of it.

It is a timeshare presentation and they do state that when you read the details (DO NOT SKIP THAT OR PAY THROUGH THE NOSE), but 90 minutes give or take) is worth the cheap rates if that does not bother you.

They are doing this to sell timeshares, the extra person is not part of the buying process and they assume that the extra person more than likely would not qualify by themselves to get the timeshare deal. They are specifically marketing these deals to people who might purchase into the program (also why they require both spouses there - so less likely to reject when you go home) - so that is why the costs are much higher for the single. Makes sense to me from a business perspective. If the single qualifies from the income perspective, then yes - have them book themselves and make it cheaper on all of you. They would have to sit in a presentation as well...

As for the $500 cash - we have been to a ton of presentations (good perks even when you do not buy) and have not seen anyone get $500 in cash for something of this price range. $500 in perks - sometimes (mostly in Vegas), but not cash in pocket. But to directly address the $500 - if the base rate was $1,200 and you pay $399 - then that looks like a $800 perk to me... Just sayin

At $125 a night, you make the value judgement if the time in the presentation is worth it or not. I am just not sure how many places give you all inclusive (besides cruises) for $125 a night for 2...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:55 am

I'll go soft, because u r obviously a courteous person.
1. if I posted about $500 cash, then pls give it benefit of a doubt. It does exist...Main question is how/thru whom to get the $500 cash offer. A tyro will likely settle for $200-300; but if a couple has very solid credit profile and owns elsewhere - should find the high level agent to sign up for as high as $500.
2. Of course "rack rates" should never enter any feasibility study. Regular rates are meaningless, as evidenced in cruise quotes that are widely offered 80-85% off
Originally Posted by rdcravens
It is Villa Del Palmar, we booked it via BookVIP. A few hoops, but not hard - mostly just making sure you understand and everything will go smooth. The hotel also contacts you direct. There is a small tax (like $30) and a resort fee of like $20 a day (direct to the hotel - but BookVip tells you about it) and return transport (they will pick you up from the airport) that goes on top of it.

It is a timeshare presentation and they do state that when you read the details (DO NOT SKIP THAT OR PAY THROUGH THE NOSE), but 90 minutes give or take) is worth the cheap rates if that does not bother you.

They are doing this to sell timeshares, the extra person is not part of the buying process and they assume that the extra person more than likely would not qualify by themselves to get the timeshare deal. They are specifically marketing these deals to people who might purchase into the program (also why they require both spouses there - so less likely to reject when you go home) - so that is why the costs are much higher for the single. Makes sense to me from a business perspective. If the single qualifies from the income perspective, then yes - have them book themselves and make it cheaper on all of you. They would have to sit in a presentation as well...

As for the $500 cash - we have been to a ton of presentations (good perks even when you do not buy) and have not seen anyone get $500 in cash for something of this price range. $500 in perks - sometimes (mostly in Vegas), but not cash in pocket. But to directly address the $500 - if the base rate was $1,200 and you pay $399 - then that looks like a $800 perk to me... Just sayin

At $125 a night, you make the value judgement if the time in the presentation is worth it or not. I am just not sure how many places give you all inclusive (besides cruises) for $125 a night for 2...
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:04 am

BookVIP - More Customer Video Reviews Than Any Travel Site

BookVIP is the largest provider of promotional packages and we have already sent over 100,000 customers on vacation this year. Customers can save up to 70% off the retail rate because the resort's are the subsidizing the cost of the vacation/accommodations in exchange for meeting the resort's eligibility requirements and attending the resort preview. The majority of issues are caused when some customers try to circumvent the eligibility requirements as naturally everyone wants to save 70%. As one of the fastest growing travel sites, we are not perfect however I stand behind our packages 100% as they offer a great alternative way to vacation. We also have have more actual customer video reviews than any other travel site http://www.bookvip.com/sitereviews.

Additionally, we have over 2,000 verified reviews on Shopper Approved http://reviews.shopperapproved.com/bookvip.com/

Lastly, I am always available directly to answer any questions/concerns at [email protected]
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:09 pm

Thanks. Do they confirm your income over there?

Originally Posted by dakuda
I've used them to book a room in Cancun. It was a timeshare pitch when we got there, but if you read the details you know that beforehand. We did our 90 min pitch and went on the rest of our trip. They have a lot of confirmation hoops to jump through, but they will help you to finish it - they want the referral. There was a resort fee that wasn't included in the initial price, but we still went with it.

All in all, the experience with booking wasn't terrible, but it was awkward. The company was legit. The offers are very narrow, you have to fit within their criteria. That is probably the reason for the big jump for the third person.
THanks for the info. I have a question, when you were on your vacation, do anyone (or the Timeshare people) confirm your income? Or is it just during booking?

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:29 pm

if we only get sponsored participation, this thread should lock
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: N/A
************************************************** ***********************************************
************************************************** ***********************************************

Last edited by davids90; Oct 18, 2016 at 11:51 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.