Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Expedia never fully charged me for trip?

Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Hey guys. I wanted some advice on something.

Me and my boyfriend booked a vacation package to Asia using Expedia. We made the reservation over the phone because we wanted to split the trip between our two cards. So the expedia representative split the cost of our $4,000 dollar trip between our two cards. Here is the issue. My boyfriend was charged $2,000 the next day, but my card has not been charged at all and it’s been over a month since we booked!
Funny thing is, we were sent a receipt saying the entire trip was paid for and it is shown that it was charged all to my boyfriend’s card. (He was really only charged $2000 though!)

We both put our frequent flyer numbers in for United when we booked, and when we log in the website shows that we are ticketed and booked. We both have etickets and a confirmation number for the trip. We also have a confirmation for our hotel from Expedia.

Has something like this ever happened to you? Should I call them and let them know they never fully charged us for the trip? Will I show up to the airport only to find out that I have no ticket? (Even though United shows my E-ticket number?) A little curious on what happened here. I called Expedia and United to confirm the reservation, and they say everything was booked and ready to go haha.
Thoughts?

Last edited by jubial; Jun 29, 2015 at 11:03 am
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:59 am
Original Poster

No ideas?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:16 am

You can also call your Credit Card company and find out if Expedia tried to charge the $2.000. Then if you want to play safe call Expedia and let them know something went wrong... it most likely will cost you $2.000 but better than finding out you will not be on the trip at the airport.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Definitely follow up. Sooner or later there will be a routine reconciliation which will pick this up. If you are lucky, you get a call and can fix it. If you are unlucky, the ticket is cancelled and you can't get it back. The likelihood that you actually don't have to pay is close to zero.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Definitely follow up. Sooner or later there will be a routine reconciliation which will pick this up. If you are lucky, you get a call and can fix it. If you are unlucky, the ticket is cancelled and you can't get it back. The likelihood that you actually don't have to pay is close to zero.
And what odds would u be attaching to reconciliation action, if this were over-charge (as opposed to under-charge)?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Haha thx for the advice. I called and Expedia said I did pay the full amount. Still was never charged. I explained to them and they said do not worry, and the charge will probably come in later. Which is very odd but okay.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:51 pm

I don't like stealing so would advise you to pay. In your case you tried but expedia didn't do anything about it so you can go with a clear conscience. Have fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.