Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question- Cheap Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Question- Cheap Tickets?

I am trying to buy two Business class tickets Glasgow to Munich. This was the best I found, however I have never bought from Cheap Tickets before, are they legitimate? Thank you.

Leave: Tue, Sep 29 12:15 pm Depart: Glasgow , United Kingdom
Glasgow Int'l airport (GLA) Terminal M
British Airways 1483 1h 30m
Airbus A320 Business

1:45 pm Stop 1: London , United Kingdom
Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5
Change of planes. Time between flights: 1h 20m

3:05 pm Depart: London , United Kingdom
British Airways 960 1h 55m

Airbus A321 Business
Tue, Sep 29 6:00 pm Arrive: Munich , Germany
F.J. Strauss Airport (MUC) Terminal 1
Old May 27, 2015, 9:39 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving this to the Online Travel Booking forum, where there are other discussions about CheapTickets.com. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old May 28, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Jeannietx
I am trying to buy two Business class tickets Glasgow to Munich. This was the best I found, however I have never bought from Cheap Tickets before, are they legitimate? Thank you.

Leave: Tue, Sep 29 12:15 pm Depart: Glasgow , United Kingdom
Glasgow Int'l airport (GLA) Terminal M
British Airways 1483 1h 30m
Airbus A320 Business

1:45 pm Stop 1: London , United Kingdom
Change of planes. Time between flights: 1h 20m

3:05 pm Depart: London , United Kingdom
British Airways 960 1h 55m

Airbus A321 Business
Tue, Sep 29 6:00 pm Arrive: Munich , Germany
F.J. Strauss Airport (MUC) Terminal 1
They're a legitimate site (i.e. not a scam), and they've been around for a number of years. Haven't heard great things about customer service if you need to change the ticket, a flight gets cancelled, etc., but not significantly worse than any of the other OTAs (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.).
Old May 28, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
They're a legitimate site (i.e. not a scam), and they've been around for a number of years. Haven't heard great things about customer service if you need to change the ticket, a flight gets cancelled, etc., but not significantly worse than any of the other OTAs (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.).
actually, was always owned by Orbitz who is now owned by Expedia. By now, Expedia owns most of US-based OTAs
Old May 28, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
actually, was always owned by Orbitz who is now owned by Expedia. By now, Expedia owns most of US-based OTAs
Two corrections:

1. The company's been around since the mid-80s. It was merged into Orbitz in 2004, when Cendant acquired Orbitz, so definitely not "always."

2. Orbitz/Expedia hasn't closed yet, so Expedia doesn't own Orbitz. Will probably be several months before they close, and the deal might not get antitrust approval.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
OK thank you.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
When I had a problem (my air reservation for the next day appeared to have been cancelled), I learned I couldn't communicate with them via email. I wasn't carrying a phone. My hotel in Bari, Italy didn't have a phone they would let me use.

I had to find one of those phone places to make a call. The first one wasn't able to help me figure out how to get through. The second one realized there was a button on the big wall phone that had to be punched for overseas calls. Minimal English in the places, and my Italian is pretty much confined to manners words and food words.

It did get sorted out eventually. They said it was some "computer glitch".

I had bought other tickets from them previously with no problems though.

Romelle
Old May 30, 2015, 9:30 am

Why they cancelled your reservation, Romelle?
Old May 30, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by Overlord168
Why they cancelled your reservation, Romelle?
I never found out why. It just vanished off the web site.

After I reached them by phone they mumbled something about a computer glitch. Then did whatever they did and the reservation showed up again.

Wish I could be more informative, but that is all I have.

The flight was something like 7 am the next morning (5 am arrival at airport, and 4 am departure from town on the bus), and it was mid-afternoon before I got things straightened out.

Romelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.