Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

American Express Global Business Travel Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite

For about 10 years now, I've been able to book my own flights, hotels and car rentals.

My company is now going to partner with American Express Global Business Travel Program.

I've only received notification of the impending change, but no information about the actual program.

My questions are;
What are your experiences using the program?
What are the benefits to you, the traveler v the company you work for?
What are the pitfalls to avoid?
Am I able to contact the airline directly to resolve travel issues, or will I have to contact AM EX to fix issues when flights are delayed?

Should I fear this change, or embrace it?

As a sidenote, I believe I follow the rules stipulated by my company insofar as booking travel. What I like best now is when there are issues, I can resolve them quickly between myself and airline staff (whether on the phone or in person). Will I now have to call AM Ex every time I have to make changes, or will I be able to continue to act proactively directly with the airlines, hotels and car rental agencies?

Any information provided will be appreciated. For some reason, I foresee a lot of frustration coming my way. Am I wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.