Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Confused with booking class on Expedia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt

I booked a refundable business fare under fare basis CIF, SIN-NRT-SIN through Expedia.

Well I assume this fully refundable, no penalties as stated in the fare rules I have a copy of. However in my booking it shows up as a Z-fare which I checked has a cancellation charge and a change fee.

I can cancel within 24 hours without penalty, but I'm wondering if I should go by the displayed fare class or is Expedia being stupid and I should go by what's shown on the fare rules?
Old May 19, 2015, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

If you think you may have to change something, try NOT to use Expedia (or other OTAs for that matter, but Expedia is worst) as it is a pain in the a$$ to try to change anything. It's worth spending some extra money to avoid this if you at all think you might change or cancel.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
No, I don't plan on changing it. In fact this is a just a booking I've done for a visa my friend needs. And paying for a full fare economy ticket looks way too fake (and it's the same price). I will cancel the ticket once the visa is done. Even if I am flying business, I'm not one to book a full fare ticket this far in advance.

I actually tried to booking through my preferred airline (CX), but they wanted to charge a $150 SGD "admin" fee to cancel (they told me this in advance). Hence I used Expedia.

As for cancellations, they are usually pretty good. Usually if I can't do it online, they can do it over the phone. It's just for this particular booking, they are showing a different booking class as the fare basis.

Last edited by alphaod; May 20, 2015 at 12:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.