Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline Flight Reservation Problem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

I have a problem with an airline ticket reserved with Priceline and was wondering if anyone has ideas on how to handle it.

Flying LAX-CPH RT late summer, booked the normal way, not NYOP, BA ticket stock and the outbound includes 3 flights with USAir flight numbers, the first 2 on AA metal and the last on BA.

I got a cryptic email last week from USAir stating that my upgrade status had changed. I couldn't imagine that there would be anything having to do with an upgrade (one of the 3 travelers is AA Gold, but I don't think we are eligible for any upgrades), but figured I would check the reservation and started by checking my USAir confirmation code. The first leg was now leaving 10 minutes later and the second leg 5 minutes earlier leaving a rather tight, but legal connection for our first stop (and we got new seat assignments 20 rows apart on an almost empty flight that did not change equipment, but at least I can fix those), but now we had a new flight from LHR to CPH leaving 2 hours EARLIER than our original leg leaving us only 1hr 15mins for a connection in LHR - not only completely unrealistic, but also less than the minimum connection time. Further investigating showed that the Priceline itinerary shows us on the original flights (the original flight has not been cancelled or changed in any way), while our original BA confirmation code shows NO flight from LHR to CPH and looking up a new BA code that is displayed on the USAir reservation shows BOTH flights from LHR to CPH.

So I have 2 problems with the reservation:

1. The tight connection in Dallas - one of us is disabled and it is to the last flight of the day
2. What the heck is going on with the LHR to CPH leg?? We do appear to be booked on both flights and my biggest concern is that if this doesn't get fixed we might get to LHR and because we won't make the earlier flight they would cancel the remainder of our itinerary.

There are lots of possible solutions. Ideally, I would like to be changed to a nonstop from LAX to LHR that connects with either one of the 2 LHR to CPH flights they currently have us on (there are 2 AA flights that are possibilities).

First, I called Priceline. They told me USAir was "working" on my flights and that I should wait a day or two and everything should be worked out. I didn't want to wait it out so called USAir and they picked out some flights for me to change to (which just happened to be the ones that I had envisioned), but then told me that Priceline was actively working on my tickets, not them, and that they can't make any changes to it because it is a Priceline reservation.

I figured I would now wait it out and see whether there would be a resolution.

I called Priceline back after a couple of days when the reservation hadn't changed. This time they looked at the reservation, saw the problem, found the flights that I think would work well and said that they would need to contact the airlines and would work on the change and it might take a couple of days.

Here we are almost another week later and nothing has changed with the reservation. Everyone I talked to has been very nice, spoke good English, recognized the problem with the reservation, did not seem to see a problem with the solution, and seemed happy to help, but nothing has actually happened.

Should I wait longer? Call someone back? Any escalation process with Priceline I should follow?

(Yeah, I know, I should have just booked directly with the airline, which I usually try hard to do, but this reservation was about $300x3 cheaper this way, so I guess I am paying for being a cheapskate)
Old May 14, 2015, 7:15 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Unfortunately, the airlines almost never touch a Priceline ticket. You are going to have to deal with Priceline directly. I would keep after them.... I personally do not know any escalation process.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
US won't touch a ticket issued by an opaque third-party vendor such as Priceline. The agents can't even see what you paid and what restrictions, if any, there may be (not that this should matter for the below MCT connection).

A piece of advice is not to call US. It completely gums up the system and it is entirely possible that this reset the timing.

I would give Priceline two full business days and then call back. If not resolved, make sure that you have the specific flights you want in mind. Don't leave it to PL because they can gum it up worse.

When all is resolved with PL, give it overnight and then check your e-tickets on each operating carrier to make sure that what PL says it has done has actually been done.

Rinse, wash, repeat. You may find it frustrating, but the business model is based on volume & price, not customer service.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Often1
US won't touch a ticket issued by an opaque third-party vendor such as Priceline. The agents can't even see what you paid and what restrictions, if any, there may be (not that this should matter for the below MCT connection).

A piece of advice is not to call US. It completely gums up the system and it is entirely possible that this reset the timing.

I would give Priceline two full business days and then call back. If not resolved, make sure that you have the specific flights you want in mind. Don't leave it to PL because they can gum it up worse.

When all is resolved with PL, give it overnight and then check your e-tickets on each operating carrier to make sure that what PL says it has done has actually been done.

Rinse, wash, repeat. You may find it frustrating, but the business model is based on volume & price, not customer service.
It's not an opaque NYOP ticket.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Not an opaque ticket, a regular reservation. Each airline has listed what I paid for the ticket (although the US Air confirmation does have it wrong, by $800).

Called again today and did get the Priceline representative to call US Air while I was on the line, but couldn't get what I was hoping for. I figured I would try again another time with another priceline and US Air agent - guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.