Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Multicity Booking Tips, Best time to book?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I don't know whether to book early in advance (like right now) or last minute for a good flight deal in December. Any advice on the time to book and which websites offer the cheapest deal for a multi city ticket?
My itinerary will be 12 december to 19 december SFO to Frankfurt, 19 December Frankfurt to Krakow Int, 23 December Krakow Int to SFO.
Thank you !
Old May 13, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Expecting to get any cheap last minutes tickets shortly before Christmas is bound to fail. You should book as soon as possible. Chances that the fares will be higher later on are much higher than the fares getting lower. In general don't expect any "deals" with these dates/shortly before Christmas.

There is no difference in respect to timing whether you buy a standart return ticket or a more complex multi destination ticket.

There are several online TA/website available - just to mention a few: Expedia, Orbitz, Cheaptickets etc.

My suggestion would be a return ticket with Lufthansa/United; SFO to Krakow with a stopover in FRA.
Old May 13, 2015, 2:11 pm

Yeah I don't think it will get any cheaper as it gets closer. It's a good idea to check the stopover fares from United or Lufthansa, but it seems that they padded the fares to be the same as buying an oneway from FRA to KRK: http://vamo.com/t/3e9hfnf9e
Old May 13, 2015, 8:06 pm

I agree with SK, the earlier the better especially around that time of year. Availability will start to dry up and costs will go through the roof. There's a premium economy fare with LH that doesn't look too bad. The only other thing to note, you may want to get a more flexible fare, otherwise you could get a nasty surprise in terms of change fees if you have to move any of the dates around.

Good luck.
Old May 16, 2015, 1:44 am

Try smartfares.com.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Would it be cheaper to purchase an open jaw ticket and take the train from Frankfurt to Krakow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.