Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Is there a detailed list of Expedia's +VIP hotel benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

Hope this is the right forum.

I have Expedia+ Gold membership, and one of the benefits is "exclusive amenities and upgrades" at some of their properties.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find out what these specific benefits are at each property.

For example, I'm looking at a hotel in Abu Dhabi (the Beach Rotana) now (for my Etihad mistake fare trip!) and when I click on the "exclusive amenities" logo I see this:

This is the exact same wording on EVERY +VIP hotel.

The +VIP Access logo gives me equally vague information:

Clicking on the "more details" link takes me to a generic benefits page.

Looking back at the web page for the hotel itself, it shows the price for wi-fi, it's a rather expensive AED 90 (US$24.50) per day.

Now, if I'm going to spend 3 nights at a hotel, knowing if I'm going to pay another $75 for internet during my stay is important.

I've emailed Expedia through their customer service portal and have never received a response.

Is there a list (or can we compile one) of what these benefits are for specific properties?

Thank you.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:21 am

Smile Have not found a list, but here is what I know

Hi
As a gold member I have been looking for the same info, but has not found any. Expedia does not have a list of what you get as perks at the different hotels. At least not from what I was told when I talked to them. I have found the following:
Perk at The Cromwell, Las Vegas: 1 free inroom breakfast (from a review I read, not experienced myself)
Perk At Allegra, Zurich Airport: Half price for big breakfast (meaning warm food for around 20 CHF instead of 40 CHF). Been here myself.

If more people join in to compile a list, it would be nice.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Recently booked at Langham Sydney:
Amenity is Free Wifi (which is given to all rooms anyways)

The Grace Hotel Sydney -
Received an email from Expedia:
We are pleased to confirm your free, exclusive amenity at +VIP Access™ hotel The Grace Hotel.

You will receive an exclusive amenity of Free Breakfast; Free WI-FI; Guaranteed late check-out till 12pm for any B & B rooms..

Be sure to also ask about available room upgrades at check-in.

Enjoy your stay and your complimentary amenity.

When I emailed the hotel to confirm, they said they have received no such email from Expedia about this amenity.

But on arrival the hotel granted the complimentary breakfast. It seems Expedia sends them an email close to your arrival date

Last edited by lsed; Jul 2, 2016 at 10:20 am
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Anyone having problems with their 250 points per booking for Gold members not posting?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Sofitel DC is very nice and they gave me free breakfast as Expedia +gold
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
I just spent did two nights as a silver Expedia+ member. I got nothing in return a the Island Hotel in Newport and nothing at the Hotel In Irvine. I was looking forward to recieve some sort of amenity but got nothing in return.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
I just spent did two nights as a silver Expedia+ member. I got nothing in return a the Island Hotel in Newport and nothing at the Hotel In Irvine. I was looking forward to recieve some sort of amenity but got nothing in return.
I spent very little time as +VIP Silver but I didn't notice amenities kick in until I reached +VIP Gold. Since then the room upgrades have been fairly consistent, but the communication of amenities could use some work.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:43 am

I have some updates:

"The Oakley Court" in Bray, England. Amenities: 10% off dinner once per room, per stay. (April 2019)

"Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile", in Chicago US: Coupon USD 10 for food and drinks. (April 2017)

"The Palazzo Las Vegas" in Las Vegas US: Coupon USD 25 for drinks for two.(April 2017)

"Westhouse New York" New York US: Free 2 hour late checkout. Free drinks for 1 (I believe free drinks is during some defined hours in the afternoon, but not sure) (May 2017)

"Buda Castle Fashion Hotel" in Budapest Hungary: 50% off drinks in the bar (Tested myself. Got drunk) (June 2017)

"Hotel Brunelleschi" in Milan Italy: 10% off food and drinks. (July 2017)

"Rex Hotel" in Stockholm Sweden: 20% off Food and soft drinks (April 2018)

"Anse Chastanet Resort" St. Lucia in the Caribbean: Free Bottle of Wine in room (June 2018)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.