Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Not using the last leg of flight schedule vs flight back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Hello,
I have a flights Prague - Munich - Mumbai - Lucknow with overnight stay in Mumbai. Then way back from Lucknow via Dehli to Munich and Prague. All on one ticket however flights within India are with Air Jet and flights to Germany with Lufthansa.
I'm thinking of not using the last connection Mumbai - Lucknow, staying a bit longer in Mumbai and taking another flight to Dehli instead.
Would that work? They won't cancel my connections back, right?

And also another question - will I be able to set the luggage on the way back to Munich only and then also skip last flight to Prague ?

P.S. Because of the cheap fare - no changes on the flight ticket allowed.

marceli

Last edited by marceli; Mar 6, 2015 at 2:16 am Reason: Forgot one important information
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by marceli
Hello,
I have a flights Prague - Munich - Mumbai - Lucknow with overnight stay in Mumbai. Then way back from Lucknow via Dehli to Munich and Prague. All on one ticket however flights within India are with Air Jet and flights to Germany with Lufthansa.
I'm thinking of not using the last connection Mumbai - Lucknow, staying a bit longer in Mumbai and taking another flight to Dehli instead.
Would that work? They won't cancel my connections back, right?

And also another question - will I be able to set the luggage on the way back to Munich only and then also skip last flight to Prague ?

P.S. Because of the cheap fare - no changes on the flight ticket allowed.

marceli
So, you're booked Prague-Munich-Mumbai-Lucknow-Delhi-Munich-Prague, and you want to skip Mumbai-Lucknow-Delhi, and just do Prague-Munich-Mumbai / Delhi-Munich-Prague?

This is all booked on a single ticket, correct? If so, it's very likely that, if you no-show for the Mumbai-Lucknow segment, the rest of your itinerary will be cancelled. It sounds like you're trying to keep the Lufthansa segments, and ditch the Air Jet segments. If these are two separate tickets within the same reservation, that MIGHT work, but it's very risky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.