Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

1 night layover at LAX, bidding on Priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO GOLD

I have read the tips here and on various websites, and I think I have a good grasp. I am also dyed in the wool CHEAP and the idea of spending even 50 bucks for a fleabag hotel makes me want to bring a sleeping bag and head for the smokers lounge (I DON'T SMOKE...)

Most websites claim victory for getting a 120 dollar room for 80 bucks. I see the value in that. I just want something really CHEAP!

I have bid 60 dollars for 1 star room for 1 night in late March. Most websites will get me the Motel 6 for 75~ish.

I have never had a successful bid in infrequent forays into priceline "name your price"
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by jefri68
I have read the tips here and on various websites, and I think I have a good grasp. I am also dyed in the wool CHEAP and the idea of spending even 50 bucks for a fleabag hotel makes me want to bring a sleeping bag and head for the smokers lounge (I DON'T SMOKE...)

Most websites claim victory for getting a 120 dollar room for 80 bucks. I see the value in that. I just want something really CHEAP!

I have bid 60 dollars for 1 star room for 1 night in late March. Most websites will get me the Motel 6 for 75~ish.

I have never had a successful bid in infrequent forays into priceline "name your price"
What day are you trying for? Have you looked at Hotwire or Priceline Express for that date? Also try LMTClub.com (Google for a promo code to sign up for free). Priceline is way less miraculous than it used to be, and where it shines more is in getting you something like a $200 room for $120, rather than a $75 room for $40 (although that happens now and then).
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:58 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Would definitely help to know what night you need a room for.....
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Yeah, I'll 3rd that request for specific night. I looked at random "late March" dates on Kayak, and saw rates starting at $44. Actually lower, but I figured you might not want the hostels?

Did you check Hotwire and Priceline Express? Sometimes those deals will beat what you can do via bidding. Not often, but it happens.

Romelle
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:09 pm

Find out what rooms are going for on Express Deals or Hotwire, then bid lower and work your way up to a threshold around the HW price. Just keep rebidding if you can get free rebids.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmmatthew
Find out what rooms are going for on Express Deals or Hotwire, then bid lower and work your way up to a threshold around the HW price. Just keep rebidding if you can get free rebids.
A rule of thumb would be that via bidding, you can knock 10-15% off of the best price on HW or PL Express Deals, for the same place.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Try Cheaptickets with one of their coupon codes. Here's this week's.

Save an extra 20% on our best hotel deals
Promo code: SPRINGFUN
Minimum stay: 1 or more nights
Book by March 22, 2015 at 11:59 PM CST, and travel by September 30, 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.