Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotwire's property reviews now gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

I have used hotwire a lot and been really happy with my savings and results, based on doing a fare amount of research before buying. Used to be you could read the reviews people left for individual properties, and pick up some clues based on what people said.
Then suddenly the reviews disappeared, then they came back, and now are gone again? Anyone else experiencing this too? If you can seem them, what browser are you using?
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:15 am

I have not seen those reviews for years. When did you last see them?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:50 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I have used hotwire a lot and been really happy with my savings and results, based on doing a fare amount of research before buying. Used to be you could read the reviews people left for individual properties, and pick up some clues based on what people said.
Then suddenly the reviews disappeared, then they came back, and now are gone again? Anyone else experiencing this too? If you can seem them, what browser are you using?
Thanks
I noted that the reviews are gone, too, since last month when I booked a hotel. Don't know when the reviews section disappeared.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Are you referring to the Secret Rate hotels or the Standard Rate hotels?

The Secret Rate ones have those "X% Recommended" ratings still listed where they have enough data to do it.

The Standard Rate ones have for a specific hotel both a link to TripAdvisor and reviews on the Hotwire site.

Romelle
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:43 pm

The reviews are viewable on the mobile site. I check them on my iPad every time, because they did remove them from the regular website
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:37 pm

Unfortunately I've noticed it's hit or miss on if the reviews will be visible.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by robertwcook16
The reviews are viewable on the mobile site. I check them on my iPad every time, because they did remove them from the regular website
I agree. The only device I have displaying Hotwire reviews is my Ipod touch. I'm pretty sure Ipad does the same as these devices except for size are pretty much identical in functionality. Now, I guess it's not that they wanted to remove the reviews from the desktop sites (or other mobile like WP 8.1) but their developers are just plain stupid and couldn't port it to the new "improved" site. Or maybe Hotwire wanted it also removed from I-devices as well but they didn't figure it out yet. Again same problem. I also don't like the "mappiness" thing where things are floating like crazy as soon as you start moving the mouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.