Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with justfly.com?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:22 am

same problem

Originally Posted by Alison Harper Souza
This company has some of the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I purchased tickets just 24 hours ago and was told that "I am s*** out of luck" on getting my money back by on of their customer service representatives. When I asked to speak with her manager she hung up on me. When I called back they told me I could cancel them, but only if I'm willing to pay an additional $150. What a scam.
I cancelled my card and thinking I just might be better off not paying the additional fee, b/c they are asking for credit card information to charge the fee over the phone (and REFUSE to send me something in writing FIRST that will state that after you pay this fee you will then get your balance reimbursed) I was just wondering if I can even trust to pay the fee and then get a refund.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Update: made it to Beijing and back in one piece.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Update: made it to Beijing and back in one piece.
Good to know. Also did you get mileage credited to your account for your flight?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:29 am

Looks like we earned 8540 UA miles for the outbound leg. Inbound hasn't posted yet.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:31 pm

Inbound miles posted to UA.

...still would recommend booking directly with the airline, from now on...
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:31 am

my worst nightmare...justfly.com

When the airline made a change do that we missed our international connection we were not rebooked. I was told I could pay $550 plus additional fare to rebook anytime in the future up to 1 year from date of purchase. I am now trying to rebook and am told they do not have access to Japan airlines schedule and cannot find any flights. I called Japan airlines and they said their schedule is out. Think I will have to call my credit card company and dispute the charges since they are not following through on the item that they sold to me.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:45 pm

Justfly is horrible

I also am one of those people who book first and check later, and boy do I regret this. I agree with all the post below that try not to book through 3rd party especially justfly, they really have a shady business going on. If you are lucky and no changes required then you may be fine but incase you need to change anything about your itinerary you will regret booking through them.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:00 pm

I used justly to book a cheap "business class" ticket on Norwegian. My frustration was I could not choose my seat anyway, anyhow! I contacted Norwegian and they told me since I booked my ticket on another website I couldn't do it. I went around and around. Eventually I was able to select my seat when I was at the airport 24 hours ahead of time.

I found Justfly to be very responsive to my emails. I think the problem of choosing a seat is typical to ANY website that isn't the airlines. My fare was good, it turned out it was not a "business" class, but more premium economy as that is all Norwegian offers. At any rate, the flight was good. I would use justly again.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:49 am

justfly is a scam

I completely agree that justfly is a scam... they will mark lowest fare, but then extract the money from your pocket to make the tickets much more costlier than all other websites.
On top of that, their rude customer reps will torture you on phone with broken english.
I booked the tickets for my wife, who was traveling with an infant. justfly marked the lowest possible price, and their website didn't have any option to add infant with the passenger.
Airline told me that you need to call the travel agent (which was justfly) to add the infant. and when I called justfly back, they charged the enormous fee for adding the infant.

I was getting flight ticket with infant from different websites for $900, but justfly quoted $850 on their website.
There was no option to explicitly add infant on the justfly, but other competitors websites had it. May be, that is why competitor's websites were quoting higher price.
I booked through justfly (because it was quoting lowest price), and then spoke with the airline to add infant. Airline told me that i need to call justfly to add the infant, and price for adding infant should be between $80 to $100.
When i called justfly, their asked me for $200 extra for adding infant, and that bumped up the ticket cost to $1050. Almost, $150 more than the competitors, who were giving pricing with the infant.
Technically, just fly quoted lower price to win the purchase, without disclosing the price for infant (because there was no option to add the infant), and later on charged much higher price than competitors.
This is such a big scam.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:29 pm

Just booked a SFO<->YVR itinerary with them travelling in March. Credit card shows charges from United and justfly.com ($12.95). Adding them together matched the correct total justfly.com when I booked.

Got 2 separate United reference #s (hacker fare) which is fine. Checked both of them on united.com, and got ticket #s, full receipt, and showed same selected seats when I booked on justfly.com

Looking at both receipts, it showed the base fare and taxes etc, ticket #s, for each leg, and looked normal.

Why did I book with them? They were more than $200 cheaper than united.com on a $4xx fare. I found them through kayak.com. Kayak showed this hacker fare, saying it could be booked at united.com. However, united.com showed the $4xx fare when I went there.

Tried all other sites suggested by kayak.com, and justfly.com was the only one who could book this fare.

Wish me luck. So far, I don't think I will have trouble.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Just booked a SFO<->YVR itinerary with them travelling in March. Credit card shows charges from United and justfly.com ($12.95). Adding them together matched the correct total justfly.com when I booked.

Got 2 separate United reference #s (hacker fare) which is fine. Checked both of them on united.com, and got ticket #s, full receipt, and showed same selected seats when I booked on justfly.com

Looking at both receipts, it showed the base fare and taxes etc, ticket #s, for each leg, and looked normal.

Why did I book with them? They were more than $200 cheaper than united.com on a $4xx fare. I found them through kayak.com. Kayak showed this hacker fare, saying it could be booked at united.com. However, united.com showed the $4xx fare when I went there.

Tried all other sites suggested by kayak.com, and justfly.com was the only one who could book this fare.

Wish me luck. So far, I don't think I will have trouble.
Couldn't you have just purchased the two separate tickets on the UA website?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Couldn't you have just purchased the two separate tickets on the UA website?
UA's website was quoting ~$2xx for *each* leg, so $4xx total for the trip

I am not sure why justfly.com could sell each leg for ~$100 i.e. $2xx for the whole trip.

I would have booked 2 separate tickets at united.com if it offered the same fare.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I am finding a fare on JulstFly (via Kayak) that is $1400 lower than the same flights on the BA website.

How does JustFly manage to sell tickets at a price, lower than BA?

What if I were to buy this on Orbitz, take a screenshot of the JustFly price - would I be eligible for the Orbitz best price guarantee?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I am finding a fare on JulstFly (via Kayak) that is $1400 lower than the same flights on the BA website.

How does JustFly manage to sell tickets at a price, lower than BA?

What if I were to buy this on Orbitz, take a screenshot of the JustFly price - would I be eligible for the Orbitz best price guarantee?
It's common. They won't give you the guarantee as these are likely unpublished fares.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:51 pm

Likely reselling corporate/bulk rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.