Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Maximizing cash back/ incentive for a sizable hotel booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum

Hi all,

I have a trip coming up in early next year where I will be traveling with two other people.

For three of us, we are looking at a hotel bill of $7500 for a week ($6121 pre-tax)

Unfortunately, we are staying at a local boutique hotel - so no chance for SPG/Hyatt/Hilton points

With that in mind, what would be the best way to book this? I can see the hotel in all of the major booking sites, and my plan is as follows:

Hotel.com - which should give 12 nights at an average price of $520 (so one free night at $520 value plus two nights)

Access hotels.com through top cash back - which should get us 7% on the pretax amount ($428.47).

Thoughts? Any better ways to do this?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:37 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Given you are staying that long, ask the manager for a discount. Hotels, especially independent ones, often give you a discount on long stays, if you cut out the middleman and book directly with them. This may net you more than the credit card bonus.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
Thanks for the suggestion....

they flat out said no - as they know that they are the only convenient one from the event that we are attending... other ones - we have to make a boat transfer

Thank you bride and groom who decided to get married in the middle of nowhere in the ocean

Last edited by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll; Nov 12, 2014 at 8:12 am
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:11 am

If you booked thru ebates.com using Orbitz.com, they offer 6.5% cash back.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are the odds that the wedding party is staying free in exchange for x paying invitees?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.