Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Need some advice with a dilemma I'm having with CheapTickets and Royal Air Maroc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some advice with a dilemma I'm having with CheapTickets and Royal Air Maroc

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I was referred to this forum by a member of another forum i'm a part of and it looks like there's a lot of valuable info here! I'm having a dispute with the aforementioned companies and was hoping for some advice as to how to handle it.

CheapTickets.com= CT
Royal Air Maroc= RAM

I purchased some tickets through CT for our honeymoon last spring, but had to cancel due to a family illness. When I called the CT customer service they said I had until April 2015 to re-book and complete travel. Fast forward to today (saving additional details that, while might be worthwhile to mention, do not really contribute to what i'm asking here. Let's just say CT and RAM were no help up to this point) while trying to book my travel for this December. The CT service person told me I have to contact RAM, when I called RAM they told me CT must take care of it. This happened 4-5 times. I finally became frustrated and asked to speak to a service manager at CT. When speaking with the rep (who kept me on hold for 45 minutes prior) I was informed that since my name was misspelled in my original reservation (it was one letter off and not my fault, I don't really make a habit of misspelling my own name...) RAM would not re-book the ticket and the amount would be forfeited.

So my initial problem was neither CT or RAM wanted to help me with re-booking my trip, now they're adding the issue of not giving me the credit for my ticket! I'm still sorting it out with these people and it looks bleak. I know there are a lot of experienced people on this forum so I thought I'd ask here. Is there anything I can/should do? I've contacted the corporate office by both email and social media (see the facebook post here) and I received a canned response (basically- "sorry you're mad, we'll look into it").
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:03 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Smile

Simple and quick fix:

Call the back and inform them the original spelling of your name is CORRECT.

Your new ticket will be issued and pray that you won't run into any petty issues at the airport. You'd be surprised how unobservant airline staff are. Even if they do say something about the difference just shrug and tell them to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.