Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Are Discount Websites Still Worthwhile?

Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Lately I have had nothing but poor results from discount websites. Here's my Orbitz experience: I ask for fares +/- 3 days. I click on the lowest fare. The fares and schedules come up. I choose a good fare. I click on it. I then get a message that the fare has increased significantly. It does not matter when I do this. On Travelocity the fares are typically higher than the corresponding fare from the airline website. On Kayak, I get that great calendar grid that shows the fares on different days. Surprise, the date I want to travel has the lowest fare. Other dates have significantly higher fares. I change the desired travel date by two days. Surprise, the newly chosen date has the lowest fare. The date I had a few minutes ago has a significantly higher fare. Somebody has some splainin to do.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:03 pm
Company Representative - Orbitz

Hi,

My name is Sarah, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at [email protected] and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Sarah
Orbitz Customer Relations
Chicago, IL
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:08 am

It seems like it could be BS when I get emails that say "for a limited time only, book your room at 25% off!" and there is no coupon code to apply for that. This makes me think I'd get the same rate at any site for whichever hotels they're talking about.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Orbitz
Hi,

My name is Sarah, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at [email protected] and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Sarah
Orbitz Customer Relations
Chicago, IL
Just go to your website and use it. Almost always directs you to a higher fare@:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.