Kayak 24 cancelation policy

Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, United Gold
Kayak 24 cancelation policy

I have been trying to cancel the BA ticket I bough 11 hours ago with Kayak.I spoke to them and they told me that it cant be cancelled because it was booked through Kayak. They override the cancellation policy of BA *with them you can cancel only until midnight of the day you book, with BA and most airlines you have a full 24 hours). It's retarded. Any advice how to deal with it?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. Using derogatory terms about people with disabilities such as "retarded" does not get you a lot of sympathy.

2. Kayak is not a ticket issuer. All Kayak does is direct you to a ticket issuer. If the ticket issuer is BA, you get the benefit of BA's policy (or even DOT regulation if the ticket is to/from the USA). If the ticket issuer is some other outfit, you get their policy and need to check with the ticket issuer to determine whether it has any grace period.

3. Too late for OP, but for others, it's fine to use Kayak to find good fares. But, when it comes to booking, go directly to the air carrier's website and do not go through any link provided by Kayak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.