Wiki Posts
Search

Cheaptickets.com Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Cheaptickets.com Complaints

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and hope someone can help me out.
I booked a Dec trip through cheaptickets from LAX to HKG RT and their rates were $100 less than the next closest one.

Afterwards, I found a lot of negative complaints about them. Most of them were about their bad customer service and cost of changing flights/name on ticket and etc.

Aside from those problems, does anyone else have issue with Cheaptickets.
At the end of the day, I just want to make sure the site is not a scam.

Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:50 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
site is not a scam, I've used before.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cheaptickets is the same company as Orbitz. I use Cheaptix all the time for hotels, and both Cheaptix and Orbitz for packages, and have had no issues over many years. Stayed at a Cheaptix booked hotel last night, enjoyed paying 17% less.

If you want/need to change your air tickets, it is slightly more difficult using one of these agencies than if you had booked with the airline itself. I find the savings make that slight drawback worth while.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Thanks!

Figured the trade off is savings vs bad customer care.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
Also what I have learned about reviews of travel companies is you need to take it with a grain of salt. Many people equate not being able to do something that is totally against the rules, such as name changes on tickets, refund on a non refundable ticket, etc as "bad customer service", and basically kick and scream when the rules don't get bent. You gotta just ignore those reviews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.