Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US site listing fare that isn't bookable, reservation agent can't match.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Hi all -

Hoping someone can advise me on this, with apologies if it's in the wrong forum; I tried to search for an appropriate place and stumbled in here

Last night I tried booking RT domestic tickets for my wife and I through the usairways website. No tricks, miles, or anything like that. Flight out operated by AA, return by US Air. The site quoted a price, but when I tried to pay I received an error code telling me to call in. Called and was quoted the same rate by the phone rep, but she couldn't book it either. Flash forward 45 minutes and I'm told the issue was that the rate had gone up and it was filtering through the system, but they couldn't sell it at the lower price. Advised to book at the higher rate and send an email to request a refund, which I did...

Here's the confusing part, to me anyways: this was in the 11:30pm-12:30am range last night. As of a few minutes ago (so almost 18 hours later) the lower price is *still* showing up on usair's site, but I still can't book it. Is this type of issue common? Is there any 'best practice' way to get the adjustment I believe is fair (or am I just wrong to believe I should get it?).

I emailed as noted above (but figure that will take a while and doubt price remains), reservations said they couldn't adjust. I even tweeted at the usairways account but got no help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:32 pm

I would make sure that you have screen shots of the lower price.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:49 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I don't have any input on your question, but I've requested a moderator to move your post to the USAirways forum. In the future, to find USAirways from the forum home page, click on "Airlines and Mileage Programs", and US Airways is immediately under American Airlines (since they are, for all intents and purposes, a single company now).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.