Wiki Posts
Search

Elong warning

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold
Elong warning

I booked two separate tickets on elong for myself and a friend to travel from Shanghai to Sanya and back, I would have booked them together but was unable to do so on the elong website.

My first ticket went fine (for a while) but the ticket purchased for my friend was cancelled allegedly due to a problem with my credit card - both charges appeared on my card, so I have no idea what the problem could have been.

I was informed by email that my ticket had been cancelled and that I was being charged a cancellation fee of about US$102.00 When I asked why, I was told that a cancellation fee was charged by the airline. I did not ask for my flight to be cancelled and there was no problem with them charging my credit card. None of this made sense to me so I instructed my bank to not honor the payment, or accept the refund.

Today, I was informed that my other ticket (the "good one" in my name) had a significant change in scheduling. In the email, I was told that if the scheduling change was not acceptable, I could either have my original ticket fully refunded, or I could contact the airlines to cancel or reschedule.

I emailed elong to ask that the reservation be cancelled and booked a new ticket on another site. In response to my request to cancel the original ticket, I got an email from elong stating that only half of my reservation could be cancelled and that they are only returning ¥1490 of my original cost of ¥3656.50 (both flight legs are exactly the same price on the airlines website.

Still working on resolving the problem.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.