Wiki Posts
Search

Travelocity, Expedia, or Orbitz?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonor gold, AA, Delta, United
Travelocity, Expedia, or Orbitz?

Trying to book air tickets that cost ~$1200, and all major travel sites come back with the same price (I also tried the airline directly but it's slightly more expensive): Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline... which one would be a better choice? any suggestions?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I use Orbitz. They also have a rewards program.

I will never, ever use Travelo****ty again since they screwed me over on a booking.

As this concerns online booking sites, off it goes to that forum.

Spiff, S.P.A.M. moderator
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
If the airline is only "slightly" more expensive, I'd go with the airline.

What happens if you try Kayak? And then let it route you into the airline. Sometimes I've seen different fares that way that didn't show up when I started with the airline site.

Romelle

You haven't shown any details, so I can't check further. But I do know it often seems prices are higher on weekends. if you can wait, you might try Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

For that matter, if you have quite a bit of time (more than 6 weeks domestic, more than a couple months international) you could try to set some alerts and then hope for a sale.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Romelle
If the airline is only "slightly" more expensive, I'd go with the airline.
That.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.