Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Help with an Orbitz booking problem please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta. Silver

Hello.

Would appreciate some professional advice please.
Some months ago, I booked a trip for my daughter and two grand daughters from Dublin to Orlando and return. The routing was with Delta / Klm. out throuigh JFK and return through ATL. both with generous connection times.

I have recently discovered that the outgoing leg is unaltered, but the return is now through ATL 30 minutes to JFK 55 minutes to Dublin.

Unfortunately I purchased this trip with Orbitz. I have now spent a considerable time (about 2 hours in total) on three seperate trans atlantic phone calls occasions trying to contact Orbitz. I have also sent an e mail, as yet no reply to that either. If anybody can advise on any other contact numbers for Orbitz I would be obliged.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Those look like very tight timings indeed (in fact I'm not sure they are legal MCTs at all - minimum connection times). I personally don't think they can manage this unless the flights are perfectly on time.

Have you tried speaking to Delta or KLM? Orbitz will not likely have been the one that changed your flights, but rather the operating carrier (maybe flight times have changed, etc). If they are returning on Delta (and it sounds like they are) you should find out from them what is going on and what changes might be made (which Orbitz will probably have to do). Unfortunately you will not have access to EU261 compensation as it is a US airline ex-US, though Delta may accommodate you daughter and grand-daughters if they miss their flights because of the short connection.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Hi.
Yes I have spoken to Delta, or rather Air France as it is from this side. They agree that the timings are crazy, as is the requirement to go to ATL at all if the flight is leaving from JFK. They are totaly sympathetic, but are unable to make the changes, as the booking was made by an agent i.e Orbitz. This still leaves me with the problem of contacting Orbitz. I agree they are ridiculously tight, especially with the 'bus' ride at JFK.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Check the MCTs. If either connection violates MCT, then you have an "illegal" ticket and Orbitz *must* fix it.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
But the issue is that the OP cannot get Orbits to reply. I would be very surprised if 55 mins at JFK dom-intl does not violate MCTs. Worst case is that it gets sorted out on the night, I'd do it, but I would not want my wife and kids to go through that hassle.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check the MCTs. If either connection violates MCT, then you have an "illegal" ticket and Orbitz *must* fix it.
ATL is under MCT for sure (35 min domestic to domestic) so yes Orbitz must fix. JFK may not be under MCT depends on terminal. Can be as low as 45min

Im curious if AF has the same $50 third party reservation takeover fee as Delta. I guess if they do that could be the worst case scenario to pay that fee and have airline handle reservation.

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 5, 2014 at 2:45 pm
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
What number are you using to contact Orbitz? Are you using the 001-312-253-6469 number? If so you might use Skype to dial the US toll free number 1-888-656-4546.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
In all seriousness try twitter

if you don't have an account, start one or get someone who has one. They respond incredibly quickly to twitter complaints.
tweet to
@OrbitzCareTeam

or email
[email protected]

or go to the top
Stephen Sedlak
Director, customer relations
[email protected]
(312) 416-0018
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Very sorry to hear of your difficulties with this booking. Since your situation pertains specifically to Orbitz, the thread has been moved to the dedicated Online Travel Booking forum.

Best of luck getting this issue resolved quickly!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

To all concerned. Many thanks for your help and support. This has now resolved itself perfectly amicably, through a phone call at 2am. this morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.