Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used the Hotelclub.com portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Has anyone used this online portal for bookings at hotels ?
If so,how had been the experience ?
I was looking for bookings for multiple nights{about 30-40},they had very good prices along with a great cashback rate at TCB
But from what i have read,many a times people have ended up being without rooms alloted,few times hoteclub.com credit card payment had been declined due to their credit card issues because of which again the hotel never received a payment,a few other times no cashback was reported
A difference of close to 20%{maybe even more} then other online portals for the dates/hotel i need,totalling to about 2k $ for my 40 nights or so ,is a real big differnce but only reason i am skeptical is because of past reviews by people who didnt end up getting rooms alloted.
any genuine reviews please,about the same would be reply appreciated
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:21 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; Nexus 5 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/537.16)

Are the stays with hotels that have a best rate guarantee? If so, it may alleviate some of your worries by claiming a best rate guarantee with those hotels directly. You may be able to get even lower prices and have reservations directly with the hotel instead of dealing with hotel club. Claiming best rate guarantees is a whole different topic so look into the quirks of each hotel chain before claiming them.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tys90
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; Nexus 5 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/537.16)

Are the stays with hotels that have a best rate guarantee? If so, it may alleviate some of your worries by claiming a best rate guarantee with those hotels directly. You may be able to get even lower prices and have reservations directly with the hotel instead of dealing with hotel club. Claiming best rate guarantees is a whole different topic so look into the quirks of each hotel chain before claiming them.
Many,i guess all,online other portals and hotel loyalty programs wont accept HOTELCLUB.com RATES for comparison for BRGs,since one needs to join the club and be a member and they offer something like coupons related to the stay,that's what i heard
Even i am not pretty much sure,that's the reason asking around for stuff dealing with this site
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Incoming Thread from Info Desk

Since your post pertains specifically to a travel booking site, I've moved it to our Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies forum where it will likely receive more knowledgable attention.

Note to responding FlyerTalkers: This post originated at the flame-free Information Desk — please reply accordingly.

Note to mod: This thread may need to be merged with an existing one.

Thanks for helping, and good luck to the OP!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:01 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

hotelclub.com is great. I always use nowadays instead of hotels.com because of higher cashback (for me).

Never had a problem.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
Many,i guess all,online other portals and hotel loyalty programs wont accept HOTELCLUB.com RATES for comparison for BRGs,since one needs to join the club and be a member and they offer something like coupons related to the stay,that's what i heard
Even i am not pretty much sure,that's the reason asking around for stuff dealing with this site
I have successfully used hotelclub multiple times for best rate guarantees on IHG hotels. I don't believe you actually need to be a member to book rooms, only to get the cash back and such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.