Wiki Posts
Search

SEA to VCE booked through Expedia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:19 am
Original Poster

SEA to VCE booked through Expedia

Hello,

I have viewed Flyertalk for years, but I now have a question before my trip in July. I have a cruise planned out of Venice and had been researching airfare for months. The best price I found from SEA in coach 4 months ago was 3200. Last week I decided to book my fare and was resolved to paying 3900 to be stuffed in coach. I decided to perform one last search on Expedia and this fare appeared for 3000 on Swiss Air. I immediately pounced and only really looked at the class after purchase. I discovered that the ticket was for Business Class (P) for departure and Business Class (Z) for the return. The next day I received an email from Expedia that there were changes made to my flight that included changing my class to coach for departure. I immediately called Expedia who stated that there had been no change in class. At this point I decided to confirm my seats with each airline involved (United, Swiss, Lufthansa and Air Canada). This went okay and all my seats are either First or Business class. Being a worrier, I did some research and discovered that Swiss Air has been known to not honor fares, so my question...Is there anything I can do to prevent any mishaps with Swiss Air? All quoted fares are for 2 people and 2/3 of the cost of my tickets were taxes and fees.
Sorry for the long winded post.

Fwilson00
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:53 am

Hey Fwilson2000.

I hope I can help you. First of all would it be possible for you to call the airline and have them e-mail your PNR Reservation confirming Business Class(P fare)?

What I'm guessing is that Expedia made a mistake and booked you under the "P" booking code when really it should have been an Economy Ticket thus you were downgraded.

I would ensure that your seats remain and have all evidence showing you were booking this reservation in good faith and had you known there would have been a problem you would not have booked it.

Expedia sometimes has IT issues but then again should help you if there is a problem.

The least you can do is get a full refund. $3,000 is quite expensive for a Y ticket. In summer the airfare should be around $1,700 so either there is a mistake in the system or you were mistaken about the fare being purchased.

Either way I do my research before purchasing tickets and have used Consolidators if I know my travel dates and am able to save tons of money.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danielonn
Hey Fwilson2000.

I hope I can help you. First of all would it be possible for you to call the airline and have them e-mail your PNR Reservation confirming Business Class(P fare)?

What I'm guessing is that Expedia made a mistake and booked you under the "P" booking code when really it should have been an Economy Ticket thus you were downgraded.

I would ensure that your seats remain and have all evidence showing you were booking this reservation in good faith and had you known there would have been a problem you would not have booked it.

Expedia sometimes has IT issues but then again should help you if there is a problem.

The least you can do is get a full refund. $3,000 is quite expensive for a Y ticket. In summer the airfare should be around $1,700 so either there is a mistake in the system or you were mistaken about the fare being purchased.

Either way I do my research before purchasing tickets and have used Consolidators if I know my travel dates and am able to save tons of money.
The $3000 is for two tickets. I don't know if this matters, but the fare was not in my search results, it appeared in a box on the screen. I will call Swiss Air and ask for my PNR Reservation.

Thank you
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:46 pm

Do check your flights with PNR. It should be on your Expedia confirmation of ticketing. You could have stumbled into the Business Class jackpot where many TATL P business class fares were discounted about two weeks ago
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...n-2k-july.html

If indeed, congrats on getting Swiss!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freecia
Do check your flights with PNR. It should be on your Expedia confirmation of ticketing. You could have stumbled into the Business Class jackpot where many TATL P business class fares were discounted about two weeks ago
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...n-2k-july.html

If indeed, congrats on getting Swiss!
Thank you,

I have the PNR Reservation from Swiss Air and Business Class is confirmed for both tickets.
WooHoo:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.