Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Viva.gr is not reliable! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Viva.gr is not reliable! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Viva.gr is not reliable! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Hello,

I want to inform people who want to travel to greece to beware when using the booking site Viva.gr.

The price information displayed in their webpages can be wrong and misleading, giving me a huge headache.

I was planning a trip from italy to Athens las week, and was searching airlines to see what the best route would be in terms of money. I went to Viva.gr, and saw that they had a roundtrip flight from Athens to Santorini for 66 euros. I saw this, and thought to myself, "Great!, that's perfect", and therefore booked other flights to get to Athens in a different airline, to then book the flight from Athens to Sanorini.

I then find out that the price displayed by Viva.gr was a LIE!!!! And mind you this price was displayed in the PAYMENT PAGE where you insert your credit card information. You would think that by that time VIVA.GR would have displayed the right price.

Thanks to them displaying FALSE INFORMATION, I would loose a lot of money to re-plan and re book my flights accordingly.

I have pictures and a conversation with a customer service person to proof my point. I don't think I am able to attach them now, but if anyone wishes to see them I will gladly do it.

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT TRUST VIVA.GR WHEN PLANNING YOUR TRIP. THEY HAVE DISPLAYED WRONG INFORMATION, AND WOULD TAKE ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR SYSTEM FAILURE.

SAFE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND USE A DIFFERENT SITE!!! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I DID BY TRUSTING THIS UNRELIABLE SITE
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:45 am

Hi Adr3,

This is Froso from Viva.gr. We stumbled upon your post and are really sorry for your frustration. We have sent you a PM asking for more information about your issue. Maybe searching our logs we can find out what went wrong. We can assure you, however, that we never intentionally change the prices from one page to the next. However, flight prices change very often by airlines, and the automated systems that we use to get them are updated real time. That means that if you stay for too long on one page, it is possible that in the meantime the airline has sent us an updated price, which is what we will show on the next.

Hope this clears up the confusion, and we are really eager to hear more from you so we can pinpoint the exact situation.

All our best,
Viva.gr
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:54 am

Absolutely NO accountability...

Similar disappointment after booking 3 ship tickets for my family's easter vacations. When on-board I realised that 3 distant seats were booked in different places of the ship. When i complained they were highly unprofessional puting the blame to the ship owner company, while their web site, i used for booking, never give me an opportunity to group tickets, nor informed me for the possibility such a case. Today they lost at least one customer...
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by ekasotaki
Hi Adr3,

This is Froso from Viva.gr. We stumbled upon your post and are really sorry for your frustration. We have sent you a PM asking for more information about your issue. Maybe searching our logs we can find out what went wrong. We can assure you, however, that we never intentionally change the prices from one page to the next. However, flight prices change very often by airlines, and the automated systems that we use to get them are updated real time. That means that if you stay for too long on one page, it is possible that in the meantime the airline has sent us an updated price, which is what we will show on the next.

Hope this clears up the confusion, and we are really eager to hear more from you so we can pinpoint the exact situation.

All our best,
Viva.gr
Instead of wasting time operating a shady business you need to learn Customer Service. I wonder who is researchinhg postings hete on FT when they could be putting better resources in place to operate a legitamate company.

Remember the sayng if the price is too good to be true then it probably is. Viva.gr to me sounds like a one man operation . I would much rather book directly with the airline.

The OP is owed a resolution. Wow sure seems like the owner of Viva.gr knows how to siign up to FT but can't seem to resolve the problem of the OP and many others. What says you? Take the line directly from Froso "we intentionaly don't change our prices.. I work in the Travel industry and this is something we don't want to hear. When a price category is sold a reputable tour operator marks it as sold out or 10 spaces remaining or better yet has a live booking invrntory system with up to the minute pricing. Its a breach of contract to charge the higher price without the customer's consent. Viva.gr must refund the ticket or package as the customer seems not to be agreeing to the higher price. Seems like an archaic reservation system to me. The price quoted is the price I expect to pay. The OP could do a chargeback to his or her credit card .

Not trying to bash but im trying to be helpful to the OP. A great lesson to learn.

Last edited by danielonn; Jun 2, 2017 at 1:03 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.