Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Beware of Ebookers.fr (if you live outside France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:12 am
Original Poster

So, this is a looooong story with lots of chats whit ebookers.fr r'tarded support team'.

Basic information.

I booked an Iberia ORY-LAX fare for 1100€ a while ago in Business. I can't use it so I decided to cancel it.

Was going to get a 120€ refund and I got an email on the 11th or 12th of March that I filled in my BIC/SWIFT and that stuff. My banking information.

Spoke with an agent on the 13th of March and she said the money has already been sent. They are on the way and should arrive in 7-10 working days.

When the money does not arrive on the 7th day I go to the chat and ask them if they at least have sent them. It's in the banking process they say.

Fine, I'll wait 3 more days so on the 26th of March, this is the 10th working day after the money should have been sent and check my bank account. NO MONEY, of course.

I contact my bank and ask them how long a transfer from france to sweden normally should take and they say. Maximum 3 days since it's in the EU.

So i contact the support again and now they say that they can't send me the money because I live outside France.

They say that their system fails when they send the money in Eur which is of course complete bull****!

They say they will get back to me when they find another solution to refund me, no timeframe. Is it in a week, in a month, next year?

I check my bank yesterday, no money. Today, no money.
Also no mail, no information.

I dont know when i will get refunded, no information.

ALL THEY SAY IS:

Thank you for waiting XXXXX. Our financial team is currently working on your situation and your refund, and trying to sort it out as soon as possible. Please, be sure that we are doing our best in order that you get your refund, and that we are not trying to hold the money which is due to you.

Yesterday I was at my local police office and filled a report and while they most likely won't do sh** about this I don't know what else to do.

I think ebookers are just stalling and hope that I will forget all about this.

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM OF A SITE!

[Edited by Moderator.] I am so mad that they ruin another weekend for me by not refunding. [Edited by Moderator.]

NEVER AGAIN!

(Next time this happen I will definately fake sickness instead since its much easier to cheat here in life than being honest.)

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 28, 2014 at 3:07 pm Reason: FT Rules.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

you booked a ticket. you cancelled it and are seeking a refund. since it hasn't come in two weeks, you went to the POLICE.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
you booked a ticket. you cancelled it and are seeking a refund. since it hasn't come in two weeks, you went to the POLICE.
Refund? Well I am waiting for the taxes. Since they are lying and not giving any information at all. First they sent the money, then on the 10th day they have not sent the money.

They are just bulls**tting and hope that I forget about this.
Money should have been in my account 2 days ago. Now it has been 12 working days, not 7-10.

And now they say come back next week and check. I can put my home that I will get the same answer next week.
Please, be sure that we are doing our best in order that you get your refund.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Sue them. Not sure what their T&C say, whether you have to do it in France or can also do it in Sweden. Nothing to do with the police.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Its just that I feel so helpless. Feels like they are just playing with you and you can´t do .... about it.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT

i am sure they are waiting until they get the money back from the Airline or IATA which takes up to two month until its processed. Some Airlines have only once a billing circle ....
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:58 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Did you pay with a credit card? If so perhaps go through them.

I am surprised you got any refund on that fare to be honest.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:26 am

Sure. The obvious response for a failure to receive a refund in two weeks is a lawsuit.
Does it suck that your refund is not the number one priority of the company and they are not dropping every thing because you cancelled your ticket? Sure. But to suggest the police or a lawsuit are the appropriate response because its been 12 business days and they said 7 to 10 is asenine. Many times, companies say a refund will take up to 30 days. Some perspective is in order here. This post reads with the same degree of outrage as if you were stranded on a desert island and they unilaterally cancelled your tickets home. If going to the police is your response to a lack of a refund within 2 weeks, I agree you should avoid ebookers.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Sure. The obvious response for a failure to receive a refund in two weeks is a lawsuit.
Does it suck that your refund is not the number one priority of the company and they are not dropping every thing because you cancelled your ticket? Sure. But to suggest the police or a lawsuit are the appropriate response because its been 12 business days and they said 7 to 10 is asenine. Many times, companies say a refund will take up to 30 days. Some perspective is in order here. This post reads with the same degree of outrage as if you were stranded on a desert island and they unilaterally cancelled your tickets home. If going to the police is your response to a lack of a refund within 2 weeks, I agree you should avoid ebookers.
Not sure how well you know France and the "customer service" firms (and public offices) here provide. I can see you are not based here (I am), but if you had some experience in dealing with French companies you wouldn't write what you did. They are a combination of indifferent about customer requests and unreliable in their processes. In many cases you only get what you want if you (literally) make a scene. Since the OP probably isn't well versed in French he cannot have that discussion over the phone. Which is why I recommend something else that in the past got people moving: tell them that you'll sue them in "tribunal de proximité". Suddenly they start at least looking at the case and giving people serious answers.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:26 pm

I am very familiar with France though I'm not based there. If anything, the context of it being France makes going to the police at the 2 week mark makes it more ludicrous, not less. The use of "r'tarded" is inappropriate and offensive.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I fully understand that sometimes you need to hold a company's feet to the fire to get what you're due, but really? Two weeks and OP has already gone to the police? There are no shortage of companies indifferent to customer requests and unreliable in their processes in any corner of the world.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:08 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the Online Bidding/Booking forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Not sure how well you know France and the "customer service" firms (and public offices) here provide. I can see you are not based here (I am), but if you had some experience in dealing with French companies you wouldn't write what you did. They are a combination of indifferent about customer requests and unreliable in their processes.
ebookers is part of the Orbitz group. Commercial policy is just the reflect of the group policy.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:56 am
Original Poster

So now its April...

Still no money, still no information even though they promised me a email on Monday.
Really, this is ridiculus. I have never spoken to such retarded people in my whole life.
Such incompetence and ignorance would not even get them a job as cleaners at McDonalds here where I live.

I will most likely never see this money again. Well, I guess have to scam someone on ebay to make up for the loss. You can blame France for that.

Last edited by Maravilla; Apr 1, 2014 at 3:17 am
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:37 am
Original Poster

All you get it is:

We are still waiting for a reply from financial department, you will be contacted when we receive the answer. = Which is never going to happen!

For the moment we have no reply. You will be contacted once we have the solution. = Of course you haven't!

We are still looking for the solution. = I bet you do NOT!

I have no other solution for you. =XXX

I have told them that they can:

Send me the money on skrill, neteller or whatever
Go to a bank and send me the money manually
Send me the money to another card

When I ask for faxnumber, phonenumber, streetadress or email to the "financial department" they can't give me nothing. It's like they are working from space. There is no financial department if I have to guess.
No, they are still looking for a solution to a non-existent problem. They are just b***sh** liars.

Last edited by jabez; Apr 7, 2014 at 2:26 pm Reason: No masking please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.