Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kayak fare search glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Kayak fare search glitch?

Check out the following two screenshots. In the first, I did a flexible search of one way flights from WAS (all 3 DC area airports) to BNA,HSV. This should theoretically search flights to both BNA and HSV at the same time. You can see that the cheapest found is $101.

BUT, here's where it gets weird. In the 2nd screenshot, you can see that if I change the search to just WAS to BNA (leaving out HSV), it displays a cheaper fare of $81.

Why is that? Isn't a comma-separated search on Kayak supposed to search both options at the same time and show which is cheaper?

(Apparently you can't upload or embed images in this forum.. here's a link to the screenshots hosted in my dropbox...)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l64jhc27cyalp9r/09YoQ9aVdW
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

prob a glitch
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I've seen the phenomenon also.

Romelle
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:21 pm

Kayak is great but can certainly be glitchy.

I'll always remember the day I saw a $700 First Class LAX-SYD listed on Kayak and desperately tried to buy, only to see the price skyrocket after clicking through to the purchase page. It was quite a disappointment.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:56 am

Does Kayak sometimes 'cancel' multi stop international itineraries ? I'm flying from A to D via B and C with United but the route I have a hold on isn't coming up again in any search. I haven't decided whether to buy or not when the FareLock expires and was not interested in the connecting destinations -- just an extremely good price that would be curious to continue tracking. It may have been a promotion or less-used route that they're trying to attract more people to ?

Last edited by elayman; Aug 21, 2014 at 10:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.