Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

How to book a ticket found on ITA matrix?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:16 am
Original Poster

hello

I found a good fare via the ITA Matrix. However, when entering the same data in ebookers or expedia, the fare does not show up. I only see higher priced fares. Anyone knows an online travel agent where I can specify the data to get the desired fare? I am not really keen on calling and would prefer to do it online.

@ MODS: If you think this post is in the wrong place, could you please move it to the appropriate section?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
this comes up often -- hipmunk seems to be so closely built on ITA Matrix it even understands their routing codes so try that?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:07 am
Original Poster

I sed Hipmunk and then bought the tickets on expedia. First I thought using Proceline but apparently they do not offer miles so that is a no go for me. Just to be sure: booking by expedia will still get me my miles right (I looked for a qualifying fare class)?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC*E50, PC Plat, SPG Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Keep in mind that ITA Matrix is using some cached data therefore sometimes booking class you see in ITA maybe actually sold out already.

This is perfectly normal situation and can be easily tested by selecting different dates when booking class in question is available.

This way you will know that this is not OTA issue.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:15 am
Suspended

Orbitz seems to work fine with results produced by ITA.
Use the "preferred airlines" option or search segment by segment when using Orbitz to replicate an ITA itinerary.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:25 am

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I'm trying to replicate an ita matrix fare as well. Hipmunk seemed to find the closest fare, but it was through Orbitz. I guess Orbitz charges an extra fee, so the fare is like $8 more than what is showing up on ita matrix. Not that $8 is a big deal, but I'm just trying to understand, does that mean that the exact fare on ita matrix is not bookable, because this fare is only found through Orbitz?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:10 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I don't know the source of fares one finds on "google flights", but I've had interesting successes using them. I found an itn on GF for flights on AA--I went to aa.com and could not book that itn; but starting with GF, when I was ready to book, it (automatically) sent me to aa.com, found the flights and I was then able to book that itn.
See if what you find on ITA is also on GF, see if GF can secure the booking.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:00 am

Hello
I found a good fare via the ITA Matrix, but i'm not able to book it. there is no way thay i can, i tried everythingh but nothing (ota, turkish airlines, himpunk code)
I need to book this:

Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.
Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.
Fare 1: Carrier TK VN2XPB BLQ to ADD (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code V
Covers BLQ-IST (Economy), IST-ADD (Economy)
€ 185,00
Fare 2: Carrier TK SN2XEX ADD to BLQ (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code S
Covers ADD-IST (Economy), IST-BLQ (Economy)
€ 325,00
Turkish Int'l Airport Service Charge (TR) € 10,00
(YR) € 192,00
Italian Embarkation Tax (IT) € 9,09
Italian Security Charge (VT) € 2,66
Italian Security Bag Charge (EX) € 1,25
Italian Council City Tax (HB) € 6,50
Italian Passenger Service Charge (MJ) € 0,81
Ethiopia Airport Departure Tax (IH) € 21,92

Subtotal per passenger € 754,23
Number of passengers x1

TOTAL AIRFARE & TAXES € 754,23
This ticket is non-refundable.
Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
BLQ TK X/IST TK ADD 251.56VN2XPB TK X/IST TK BLQ 441.94SN2XEX NUC 693.50 END ROE 0.735385 XT 1.25EX 6.50HB 9.09IT 0.81MJ 2.66VT 10.00TR 21.92IH 192.00YR

Help please
thanks in advance
C.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by charlybran76
Hello
I found a good fare via the ITA Matrix, but i'm not able to book it. there is no way thay i can, i tried everythingh but nothing (ota, turkish airlines, himpunk code)

C.
If you can still see it on ITA, I think it is time to go to a travel agent. But try Orbitz first. You didn't mention your dates, but I can see fares on it, in that general range for a random date.

Romelle
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:40 am

I can't find a ticket from itamatrix

Hi!
I don't know if someone can help me to buy some tickets from itamatrix?! I tried with hipmunk.com, but I didn't found it...

Here:
1st: Bucharest (OTP) - London(LHR) -15th september
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...RLAYkD7TwFO001

2nd: Bucharest(OTP) - Luton(LTN)
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view...OEMlFiIlTW2003
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:40 pm

Those links do not work. You'll have to tell us exactly what you want to book.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:49 pm

If you cannot replicate a specific fare or booking class found on ITA with the popular OTA's, I have had success using a conventional TA such as Amex Travel or Carlson Wagonlit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.