Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is tripsta.com reliable?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:38 pm

fraud

We booked tickets through Tripsta and when the confirmation came it was a confirmation for the wrong flight. We immediately signalled this issue to Tripsta and they answered with a generic email that we must pay the change. We accepted to pay for the change because we had no choice, we needed to fly but then couldn't get them to reply and actually MAKE the change. we called them and it took 50 minutes to go through the change at international call charges! The web application also apparently changed 2 passangers' sexes (out of 4) and they made us pay to change that too! 165 dollars for their mistakes . A quick subsequent google search showed that we were not the only victims and that this is basically a fraud scheme. Spread the word.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:59 am

Beware from Tripsta

Originally Posted by smartgiri
Guys, Do not use Tripsta. I done my payment and i have received the ticket via email. But when i reach the Airport while doing my checkin they told my flight ticket is not seen in the system and ask me to call Tripsta and ask, I was having only 45 mins left and i was trying to reach somebody after 20 mis of call waiting. At last i got one agent (Tripsta) and he told the flight ticket is seen on their systems and they told me its mistake of the system in checkin. I approached Direct Airlines counter and they pointed my to Tripsta. As a next option, Tripsa recommended for me to re-book same flights for next day. Then i asked them if its reliable and they says "Not sure and maybe it can happen tomorrow also " . But any way i have decided to re-book to the next day which cost 195 Euro ( I am still in the Airport and can check with Airlines). But they asked me to give my Credit Card number details via phone since they don't have online option for me to do that. I denied.

They told cancellation of the existing ticket will refund only around 50 Euros. But i paied 500 Euros for the flight ticket

Basically I lost my time and money. I booked another flights and Emirates ( which never had issue before )

It was only Mistake from Tripsta. THET DON'T WANT HELP. Check below links. There are lot of bad review from many users

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/tripsta.html

Guys, Never Trust this tripsta. They are real .......s. Once its booked they don't care about the customers. Its your money. Don't waste it. Pay some extra and book directly from the website.
I have a very bad experience with this company. If any flight reservation site propose to you this company, I advise you better cansel your trip.
I booked a flight with them Wuhan, China to Casablanca, Morocco
Everything was fine I payed with Mastercard payement accepted. No problem.
Few minutwes later I received the reservation confirmation by email and they said I will receive my e ticket later.
E ticket never come. * hours before the flight date and time I called their office in New york to ask for my e ticket. They said wait we will investigate and come back to you.
Two hours later they called me saying > We apologize because there is no seat for you in that flight. It s a system proble. But if you want we can get a seat for you on that flight but you must pay 550 Euro extra. (the ticket price was USD1189.
I opened my browser and tried to serch for same flight. Imagine, it was still their but not only one, at least ten different flights with the same company (Alitalia) and same price! This means they are still fishing for some victims like me.

So I really think managers of this company must be put in prison.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: LY LH
THINK TRICKSTA!!!! This company needs to be BANNED!!

Booked and paid for BIZ class on HK airlines from HK to Hanoi.

Two weeks before flight contacted airline to request special diet.

They answered special diets available only in BIZ class.

I told them I HAVE a BIZ class tkt

No, they said, your flight aircraft was changed to a plane with ONLY coach.

Then spent 2 weeks trying to get back difference or get BIZ benefits in lieu.

Tripsta told me to contact HK as they changed plane. HK told me to go to TRIPSTA as they received the money.

Finally TRIPSTA said I'd receive the monet at HK apt in transit.

Went to HK desk in transit - NO, got to TRIPSTA.

Telephoned TRIPSTA from HK airport - they even spoke to HK airlines rep.

TRIPSTA STAFF LIED BLATANTLY IN WRITING AND ON THE PHONE.

I HAVE ALL THE LYING EMAILS TO PROVE THIS.

Tripsta clearly were billed for a coach seat and would not refund.

Totally disgusted and wish there was an ombudsman to go to with this fully documented tale of woe.

TRIPSTA SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COST!!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Folks, book directly with the airline. It will save you all these headaches!!
Old May 29, 2017, 1:10 pm

STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE! I Horrible Agency! They have the worst customer support i have ever experienced. I booked two-way tickets through them, only to be told two days later that they cant provide the inbound flight i already bought. They charged me €200 for rescheduling the outbound flight for a mistake they made. Unbelievable. I never experienced anything like that. I ended up paying twice as much for my tickets.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: none
They are terrible!!!!! DO NOT USE.

There is no customer service. Emails go around and around and around. No one takes responsibility.
All I can say to help is CHARGEBACK!!! Just call your bank and explain how unscrupulous they are.

FYI. After speaking to many of them after being on hold forever I have discovered depending on what device you go to their website (smart phone, ipad, desktop) and what extension tripsta.com tripsta.com.au tripsta.co.uk etc etc different payment methods are free. To have the lowest price on different amalgamating websites (skyscanner.com) there must be one payment method which is free but they will try and screw you out of that by saying there is a bug on our system and we will give you a credit for your next booking.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:49 pm

Left stranded at airport by tripsta

Listen people: use tripsta at your own risk

On the last day of my vacation I opened an email: "your ticket could not be issued"

Our return flight was dropped by tripsta only hours from departure.
Tripsta left us stranded at the airport without a return ticket.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Roman Hit
After booking a flight from Tel Aviv to Odessa through tripsta agency i've recieved tickets without any option of baggage. It wasn't noted nowhere while the bookin proccess. I've sended a mail to their support, and i've recieved that is true that i cannot carry any baggage with me so i were needed to pay extra 45 USD to the flight company to take the baggage with me. I'vr sended another mail where i wanted an explanations why they didn't noted nowhere about the baggage, and i'm still waiting for the answer. So the bottom line is:that agency made me the worts ever flying expirience, so in one word DON'T book through them!
Hello, this has just happened to me, booking a flight with TAP Portugal. I was never given an option to add baggage, now they want £45 each to add it, plus the charge from the airline.
i also need to correct a name which they want another £45 for.

My question, to anyone who knows, is:
can I just go on the TAP Portugal website and do these changes myself? The website currently has 'my' contact details as tripsta's email address, but this can be edited.

if I just change everything to my own contact information and deal with the airline directly from now on, does anyone think this will be an issue????

Last edited by Vph21031989; Jul 25, 2017 at 10:29 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Lili789
I have finally solved my problem regarding my refund from Tripsta after seven months.
Hi,
May I ask how did you get the refund? On the phone they asked me to make a claim on the website. However it's impossible to hand in a form on website, always 404 not found (I tried with 2 different friends for a month). NO email address is available to contact them. The email they provided on the app is fake. The email I sent got returned. I'm desperate now.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
It's rather suggestive that almost all critics are with 1 post on FlyerTalk. Looks like a paid negative-ad campaign.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
That is very common on FT that first time posters are complainers. I doubt it is anything to do with conspiracy/negative-ad campaign against Tripsta
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:22 am

Miss Sold Flight Connection Time

Originally Posted by barracuda93
It's rather suggestive that almost all critics are with 1 post on FlyerTalk. Looks like a paid negative-ad campaign.
I assure you no one is paying me.
They advertised a 2.5 hour connection time, but have only realised very recently that they did not take into account the clocks in the UK go forward an hour at end of March.
We now have less than 1.5 hours to connect between 2 airlines who do not have a Baggage Agreement (also something I was not made aware of until after paying for the tickets) - and there is no way I am going to worry about being able to make the connection. No Sympathy from the representatives. No admittance of selling something incorrectly. I had to re book flights for the next day for peace of mind.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:23 am

Ok, Ive posted here before, and booked with Tripsta many times, and havent had any problems until now. My Tripsta booked flight was scheduled today from VRN - FCO - LIS - ABJ, entire ticket with TAP, but first leg operated with Alitalia. Last night when I tried to check in online I noticed that the ticket was changed to FCO - BEY - ABJ with Alitalia to Beirut and Middle Eastern Airlines to Abidjan, and the first leg from VRN (Verona) to FCO (Rome) is just gone. I checked the VRN airport site and noticed my VRN to FCO flight was cancelled.

When calling Tripsta they first said the airline made the change and that they cant do anything, and that I should contact TAP. TAP (unsurprisingly) said that the agency had changed the ticket and that Tripsta is being untruthful. Contacting Tripsta a few more times and insisting they sort out my ticket, they once said the ticket was changed by the passenger, went back to the ticket changed by airline story, but refused to sort out my ticket straight away and instead promised to get back to me in 10-12 hours. (As Im writing we are at hour 9 or so, and I havent heard from Tripsta.)

As I couldnt wait that long I bought an entirely new ticket (not with Tripsta) for the same route but with an earlier VRN - FCO leg, and Im at the lounge at Rome Fiumicino airport right now.

What I suspect happened here is that Tripsta rebooked my ROM - LIS - ABJ flight in order to save money, and are basically expecting to never have to pay any compensation. The VRN to FCO leg was cancelled by Alitalia (not directly Tripsta s fault I guess ) but Tripsta should have informed me about the cancellation (and the pretty radical change via Beirut like a 20% round the world in the wrong direction) and sorted out a rebooking.

Any takes on what to do here to get compensation?
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:21 pm

Ok, Tripsta just got back to me now, not after ten hours but ten days. They say they will refund in full so that sounds promising, but Ill see if the money really hits my account.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:16 pm

May be it is reliable but i have seen this very first in this community, I don't have any recommendations on this platform.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.