Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

How to book ITA Matrix found fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book ITA Matrix found fares?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by bpe
If you just search for the flights on Expedia or such sites then these fares often come up, but it's sometimes a matter of searching for each individual flight rather than just a round trip or multi-city.
What is better though, is a new tool since the last post: Book with Matrix where you can just copy/paste results from Matrix (instructions are on the site) and it will try to find it for you.

(In your case though, if it's all Delta flights, they should show up just fine on delta.com. I'm seeing them for $785.81 per person there for those dates unless I'm missing something.)
Ah thanks for the link.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by bpe
If you just search for the flights on Expedia or such sites then these fares often come up, but it's sometimes a matter of searching for each individual flight rather than just a round trip or multi-city.
What is better though, is a new tool since the last post: Book with Matrix where you can just copy/paste results from Matrix (instructions are on the site) and it will try to find it for you.

(In your case though, if it's all Delta flights, they should show up just fine on delta.com. I'm seeing them for $785.81 per person there for those dates unless I'm missing something.)
Bookwithmatrix is a for profit enterprise. Follow the super simple directions in ITA Power Tools Thread to do it yourself and support the original developers of this trick.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:18 am

I have a question about how ITA Matrix projects fares out beyond 331 days. The reason why I'm asking is that I'm looking at their "Flexible Dates" projection and I see the flight I'm tracking with a decent fare on Wed (tickets available), Thu (tickets available through the airline) and Fri (tickets not yet available), but it jumps $1000 on Sat, Sun, Mon, etc. It is important for me to know whether those projections are in any way real or are they just complete nonsense - in other words, will the projection tomorrow show decent fares on Thur, Fri and Sat, and then jump on Sun; or am I looking at a real jump in price?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Add me to the list of people trying to get an ITA Matrix fare to actually book.

I've tried bookwithmatrix: it leads me to Flight Network and Priceline, but neither of them can actually book it.

I've tried Hipmunk. It doubles the fare.

I've tried all sorts of Momondo/Kayak/Hopper/Orbitz/etc. searches.

Not a fuel dump, mistake fare, or other trick. Just a straightforward Y trip for which ITA suggests that a bunch of different options should exist. Airlines involved are AC, TK, and UA...with the bulk on TK. (MCI-FCO R/T flexible dates late April is the complete route.)

Anything I'm missing? The ITA fare is simply what I'd call an "okay" fare ($800 R/T). Other search engines are showing sky-high fares ($1200+, or hacker fares with multiple PNRs to keep it lower).

Doesn't seem like this one should really be all that hard... Thoughts?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by colmc
Travel agency, or call one of the airlines involved (yup, old school). Telephone agents for most airlines can often book you on itineraries you might not imagine including airlines not in the same alliance or any alliance etc.
If I find a complex routing on ITA Matrix that is entirely on LH stock, will the LH agent at the airport always be able to sell it to me?

Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
If I find a complex routing on ITA Matrix that is entirely on LH stock, will the LH agent at the airport always be able to sell it to me?

Thanks
No. The ITA data is supposed to be only for flights with available seats, but there could be a slight time lag. And another time lag between when you see the routing on ITA and when you get to the LH agent. Somebody could have slipped in and bought that last seat.

Odds of course can be better with further out flights, but never perfect.
LacMajeur likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:52 am

Hello

I am looking for an OTA that could:

- Book at least 6 segments in one ticket
- Display clearly the fare class before validation
- Ideally bills in euros or Swiss francs.

Expedia is apparently limited to 5 segments.

Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Glad to see this bumped. Is there still no real solid answer on how to book ITA fares?

In my case, I'm pretty sure I wasn't looking at a flight where someone snagged the last seat. I fundamentally can't ever find certain fares that I find listed on ITA.

Things that shouldn't be crazy-hard to book. MCI-YYZ-IST-(Europe) is one common example that shows up in ITA but doesn't seem to be bookable anywhere.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:28 am

The most efficient solution I've found (for my specific needs) is to buy at the Airport ticketing desk.
Total price is around 40 Swiss francs above the price displayed by ITA Matrix, and includes 60 francs ticketing fee.
Another option is to use PropellerTravel (fee is 25£ up to four segments, 35£ for six).
Old May 21, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
Glad to see this bumped. Is there still no real solid answer on how to book ITA fares?

In my case, I'm pretty sure I wasn't looking at a flight where someone snagged the last seat. I fundamentally can't ever find certain fares that I find listed on ITA.

Things that shouldn't be crazy-hard to book. MCI-YYZ-IST-(Europe) is one common example that shows up in ITA but doesn't seem to be bookable anywhere.
These times I get excellent results with Priceline, through the Powertools Userscript link. Price is exactly the one displayed on ITA, and ticket looks invoiced directly by the airline (in the credit card statement), in USD.

I'm still looking for a way to get this booked in another currency, but apart from this I'm happy.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Plat
I am seeing United P class availability in ITA Matrix, and in Expert Mode on United.com, but in Advanced Search if I put in P class United.com comes back with requested fare class not available. It only shows Z class fares, which are more expensive. Any Ideas?
Old May 10, 2019, 11:24 pm

Just to update - I was able to book at ITA Matrix fare using BookWithMatrix that sent me to FlightNetwork. Only way I could find the fare, and it was as listed in Matrix. Thank You! I am not able to use the "... super simple directions in ITA Power Tools Thread to do it yourself and support the original developers of this trick..." noted of July 23, 2017 unfortunately. I think it was a 404 error.

If those "simply directions" still work it would be great to repost the link please. TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.