Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

How to book ITA Matrix found fares?

Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage

So I do a search on the ITA Matrix site and then... what? It seems impossible to get these fares for real. Say, I searched for a trip, it gives me an itin with Turkish and American Airlines and those are not even in the same alliance so booking on the Turkish Airlines site is not really feasible... and it's actually two fares, saying:

Fare 1: Carrier TK SN2PX ODS to SFO (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code S, N
Covers ODS-IST (Economy), IST-LAX (Economy), LAX-SFO (Economy)

How is an ODS-IST-LAX-SFO trip a "round trip fare"?

Same for going back:

Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code G
Covers ORD-IST (Economy), IST-ODS (Economy)

Again, ORD-IST-ODS is hardly a round trip fare... a couple years ago I did try the "bring this code to the agent" and even that didn't work
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Travel agency, or call one of the airlines involved (yup, old school). Telephone agents for most airlines can often book you on itineraries you might not imagine including airlines not in the same alliance or any alliance etc.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
And of course try Orbitz and Expedia. And even Kayak.

Romelle
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:35 pm

Hipmunk

e.g.
Using Hipmunk to maximize mileage run bookings - The Wandering Aramean
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...e-run-bookings
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Hipmunk

e.g.
Using Hipmunk to maximize mileage run bookings - The Wandering Aramean
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...e-run-bookings
Reviving an old thread. When I search hipmunk I keep getting an error - Oh, nuts! We could not find any flights for this search. Has anyone been able to resolve this?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:25 am

Try smartfares.com
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by chennaibug
Reviving an old thread. When I search hipmunk I keep getting an error - Oh, nuts! We could not find any flights for this search. Has anyone been able to resolve this?
Can you be more specific? The routing and dates matter.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Romelle
And of course try Orbitz and Expedia. And even Kayak.
Resurrecting this old comment because I'm trying to validate what I'm reading. I tried to do as Romelle suggested here without success. Could someone explain how, very simply?

For example: Jun 1 DL1805 ATL-YVR + June 8 DL 2825 YVR-ATL. $882.56 per passenger

ATL DL YVR 382.00UE7NA0FE DL ATL 382.00UE7NA0FE USD 764.00 END ZP ATL YVR XT 5.50YC 7.00XY 3.96XA 57.30US 8.20ZP 5.60AY 10.00CA 15.70SQ 0.80XG 4.50XF ATL4.50
(this is for two passengers)
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:47 am
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by bicker
Resurrecting this old comment because I'm trying to validate what I'm reading. I tried to do as Romelle suggested here without success. Could someone explain how, very simply?

For example: Jun 1 DL1805 ATL-YVR + June 8 DL 2825 YVR-ATL. $882.56 per passenger

ATL DL YVR 382.00UE7NA0FE DL ATL 382.00UE7NA0FE USD 764.00 END ZP ATL YVR XT 5.50YC 7.00XY 3.96XA 57.30US 8.20ZP 5.60AY 10.00CA 15.70SQ 0.80XG 4.50XF ATL4.50
(this is for two passengers)
If you just search for the flights on Expedia or such sites then these fares often come up, but it's sometimes a matter of searching for each individual flight rather than just a round trip or multi-city.
What is better though, is a new tool since the last post: Book with Matrix where you can just copy/paste results from Matrix (instructions are on the site) and it will try to find it for you.

(In your case though, if it's all Delta flights, they should show up just fine on delta.com. I'm seeing them for $785.81 per person there for those dates unless I'm missing something.)
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by bpe
If you just search for the flights on Expedia or such sites then these fares often come up, but it's sometimes a matter of searching for each individual flight rather than just a round trip or multi-city.
What is better though, is a new tool since the last post: Book with Matrix where you can just copy/paste results from Matrix (instructions are on the site) and it will try to find it for you.

(In your case though, if it's all Delta flights, they should show up just fine on delta.com. I'm seeing them for $785.81 per person there for those dates unless I'm missing something.)
I've used book with matrix a few times successfully. Lately though I have had a problem where a fare will list on ITA, but book with matrix will send me to travel agents that can't process the fare.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by bpe

I'm sorry. In writing and rewriting my post somewhere I lost the line indicating that that fare computation was for FIRST CLASS. And I have checked on Delta's website, Book with Matrix, Expedia, etc. None of them show that fare.

Does anyone have any suggestions for booking this fare computation?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:45 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by bicker
I'm sorry. In writing and rewriting my post somewhere I lost the line indicating that that fare computation was for FIRST CLASS. And I have checked on Delta's website, Book with Matrix, Expedia, etc. None of them show that fare.

Does anyone have any suggestions for booking this fare computation?
First class is showing up on my computer at $1290 pp for those flights and dates from either Matrix or directly searched at Delta. I don't doubt that it appeared earlier for $883, but my guess it that the fare you posted isn't available anymore. It may or may not come back, but unfortunately Book with Matrix or other tools can't help with that.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:39 am

Is it possible that it shows fares that never really existed?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:41 am

Previous questions like this seem to get the answer that the fare was cached and no longer available in reality. IIRC Matrix is not updated in real time...
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:32 am

Thanks! That makes sense.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.