Search

Priceline question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Priceline question

**Newbie here, be gentle** :-)

MrWiki and I are off to St. Louis in 2 weeks, and I booked the Hyatt at the Arch for 2 nights via Priceline. I want to ask the hotel if they will be able to provide us with a higher, or a view of the arch room, as it is Mr.Wiki's birthday while we are there, and it would be nice to have a "nicer" room. I didn't use the "name your price", I went with the "express deal", so probably paid a bit more than NYOP... I did try to contact the Hyatt via their email, and gave them all my details, but they said they couldn't find my reservation in their system. ??!??

Does it take a few days? Priceline did give me a hotel reservation number, why would it not be showing for the Hyatt Customer Service person?

Ideas? Should I wait a couple days and check in again? Act on it now?

Thanks in advance for input/tips! :-)
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I'd give it a day or two, and check again. It you checked right after making the reservation the hotel may not have it yet.

If they don't have it then, contact Priceline to see if there is a problem.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:04 am

Try calling the hotel directly and ask to speak with someone at the front desk. They should have your reservation in their system by now. And just be really nice and pleasant when asking for any comp upgrades. Niceness goes a long way...
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:45 am
B1

Your reservation is not in their reservation systems, it's in Priceline's. The hotel has the confirmation and Priceline sends the request to them immediately. If the hotel does not have it, contact Priceline and ask them to reconfirm with the hotel. When I had that problem, they sent the hotel a fax and asked the hotel to confirm receipt.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've always received the confirmation number and contacted the hotel immediately. If the confirmation number looks like
Hotel Confirmation #: HY001000001

Just strip off the HY and leading zeros and give Hyatt the rest of the numbers - 1000001 in this case. Otherwise, they should be able to look you up based on your name and date of arrival.

As others have said, ask nicely and hope for the best. Perhaps even offer to pay extra for an upgrade if you are willing to do that.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:32 pm

I know my response is too late to help the original poster, but I'll add my 2 cents.

Usually when you book through online travel agencies, you're going to get their most basic room. Depending on the hotel and the occupancy level, you might get an upgrade, or a flat out rejection, or an upgrade for a fee. The fee can definitely be negotiated.... I got an upgrade to a higher floor ocean view in Florida for $20 total (3 nights), they originally wanted to charge me $20 per night x 3 nights = $60. Well worth it.

Of course, if you're in Vegas, they have a whole other system for getting upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.