Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend Travel for Working People

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Weekend Travel for Working People

Most of my fare alerts are from Airfarewatchdog, but it's turned out to be not so helpful because of the booking and dates restrictions. Most of the fares are for travel this week leaving on Saturday and returning on Monday or Tuesday.

I usually require at least 2 weeks or more notice to schedule a day off, so 90% of my weekend travel is leaving after 6pm Friday and returning before Monday 6am. Is there any way I can automatically be sent fare alerts for all upcoming weekends to a few airports with these restrictions? I know fare alerts with Bing will do this but not necessarily with those times in place, and not recurring alerts.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:07 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The airlines often have weekend fares, so sign up for their fare alerts too. You may not be able to specify which airport you want to go from, but there are not usually that many to have to look through.

Lastminute at http://us.lastminute.com/uslm/index.html is another place that may occasionally offer you some great deals for last minute travel.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

The airlines often post weekend fares, but it's usually for flights leaving on Saturday and returning on Monday/Tuesday. Most of the last minute fares, especially on a site like airfarewatchdog, meet this criteria. Their overall value for me at least is minimal.

What I'm looking more for is something like rules-based fare alerts. Does this exist anywhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.