Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever heard of Jetnsave?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetNsave
We have also consulted legal advice about the slander/abuse our original website suffered
as a result of being attacked, but unless you could physically prove who did it, there isn’t much you can do. We have fought these false accusations, but the damage was done and we therefore changed our name to protect ourselves from more abuse by this competitor.
This explanation doesn't pass the sniff test.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:39 am

Any updates from anyone who has used their service?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:04 am

I am the Owner of JetnSave. It was brought to my attention there are some questions and concerns on this forum about our company, so I would like to do my best and address them. I fully understand how there may be concerns when dealing with an online company, especially if there is some conflicting information out there.
Congrats on owning JetnSave.

As it happens, our competition set out to destroy our previous website Jetsettersavings.com when we started an advertising campaign with google. If you look at the dates, all negative reviews on Jetsettersavings.com were done In a 4 day span. It is extremely coincidental to have 4 different pissed off customers all in a 4 day span, and never had one before or after that.
You should probably take that up with the review sites instead of slandering your "competition".

This part makes you sound incredibly unprofessional by making you sound like a victim that's just being attacked by your competition on a public forum.

They put up numerous complaints using "anonymous" and other false screen names. You can tell if you read the complaints the obvious similarities, and they are all written by the same person who did a bad job of changing details. Unfortunately with the way the internet works you could post a few anonymous complaints about a company and destroy their reputation with very little recourse.
Except there are plenty of companies that thrive regardless of having competitors that work to undermine their credibility.

Now you're just coming off as whiny. No one likes a whiny business owner that can't weather a whopping 4 "complaints".

We publicly rebutted every complaint very openly with our contact information and offered that if it were a real complaint, the customer should come forward and contact us with order details/customer name etc. as we have never received any such complaints.
Okay, good for you, do you want a cookie for responding to complaints?

This was met with no response. We have also consulted legal advice about the slander/abuse our original website suffered
as a result of being attacked, but unless you could physically prove who did it, there isn’t much you can do. We have fought these false accusations, but the damage was done and we therefore changed our name to protect ourselves from more abuse by this competitor.
4 complaints isn't the end of the world, hell it doesn't even require much work to offset them, especially if you actually offered public rebuttals and apologies for the "complaints" in question.

Just because they didn't respond doesn't mean the complaints were fake, a lot of people will complain and then never go back to the site they complained on. A lot of people have better things to do than to watch their complaint to see if they get a response.

Changing your name because of a few complaints(legitimate or fake) is just bad form, it shows that you would just run from a couple of LEGITIMATE complaints if they crop up.

We have nothing to hide, and assure you that if you contact us you will find we work very hard to accommodate your needs.
Except that you don't want any Bad PR, but what you don't get is that even bad PR is good PR in any business.

We have multiple ways of getting our customers great savings, to name a few, we get tickets through consolidators, we also show customers how they could upgrade and get the availability they want by using their own miles, amongst others ways.

So you're just a middle man going to the consolidators the customer can go to directly and then tacking on your fee.

I see nothing novel about your business model and frankly it sounds like you think travelers are idiots if you think they don't know how their miles work and how they can use them.

Thanks for taking the time to read. We hope we can serve you in the future so that you can experience our dedication to our customers firsthand.
Yes, because I'd totally use a travel service that runs away from FOUR bad reviews and that blames the competitors(of which there are literally hundreds of online travel companies) for all of their problems.

You got my vote of confidence, after all clearly you're the first company to have competitors and clearly you're a victim of success.

I am in no way affiliated with the travel industry, I am not a competitor, please don't sue me.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:32 pm

Just passing through

I found this forum when I was searching for jetnsave reviews and complaints... besides for the technical stuff, did anyone deal with them directly? THANKS!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by JakeStone
I found this forum when I was searching for jetnsave reviews and complaints... besides for the technical stuff, did anyone deal with them directly? THANKS!
It would be extremely unlikely that a board full of frequent flyers trying to get the most out of frequent flyer schemes would use a company like this. That isn't a comment on this particular company, just that the profile of the average board participant is very different to the profile of the company's potential customers.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:51 am

Smile JetNSave

I've just used these guys for a trip from the UK to Frankfurt, on to Washington and then LA. Then returned via Chicago to Amsterdam in ONE trip !! now thats a good trial and i have to say it worked perfectly. Very impressed and i got the whole lot FIRST CLASS for less then business class.

I will definitely be using them again and so will my business colleagues.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:00 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:04 am

Jetnsave

I just had a pleasant experience with Jetnsave. The staff were very professional one in particular should get a medal for allowing me to make several changes to my schedule. This gentleman by the name of Kevin even called and continued to work on my request on a Sunday! They are legitimate as I closely monitored not only my reservations but also my frequent miles account for any changes. Unfortunately, I had to change things because of a family emergency and they went out of their way to accomodate my changes. When things settle down, I will most definitely use their services.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:09 am

I will be shocked if it turns out that the last two glowing reviews (from posters who were so stirred by this particular conversation they just had to join to spread the good news!) and the previous posting by the Jetnsave representative all have different real IPs.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by AnnaBeth
different real IPs.
Dynamic IPS makes it really difficult to prove someone is a shill...

The outstanding glowing reviews, 1 post histories, and the attitude of the owner on the other hand tells us a LOT about the company in question.

My guess is that he hired some review company to shill positive PR on any travel sites/forums.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:51 am
Original Poster

After reading the comments, I am getting a little skeptical about the company.

Honest companies do not have to change their own name just because of 4 negative reviews. All you have to do is serve the customers honestly, and they WILL write positive real reviews to top the credibility of the company.

What I think would be a good idea is for the owner to post a picture of Jetnsave office, their employees and address.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:35 am

Curious to see if anyone has used this company yet?

As I posted in another thread, after a bit of fumbling around from them they gave me a very good quote (non-mileage earning) and seemed pleasant and communicative in their emails. I didn't take them up on their quote though and that's the last i've heard from, or of, them. I wish i had paid more attention to see if they were selling me an award/mileage ticket. BA i know for certain take swift action on those if you're caught - and it was a BA ticket they were offering.

The two scam posts above put me off even further.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by serioustraveler
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Totally agree with this.
Old May 27, 2013, 3:20 am

Not really all above board

I recently saw the ad for Jetnsave and did a query on the net to see if the business was all above board - for who does not want to save money, but was very wary - hence I decided to check them out. What I saw on the forums did not encourage me - so I did a test of my own.

I had a need to travel from Jakarta to Delhi on 5 June and returning on 10 June. I requested a quote for a First Class ticket - got a quick response and the quote was for USD3,388. I asked for some changes - the changes were made and the quote in First Class was still USD3,388. The itinerary was all on Singapore Airlines. I checked out the SQ web site and the First Class ticket was approx USD4,600 - so all in all the quote was very attractive.

I noticed that 1 leg on the itinerary was on business class (some aircraft are only configured for economy and business - so no worries). I then asked them to give me a new quote only in business class.

They reverted with a message saying that the business class was only USD200 cheaper i.e. USD3,188 and it would be better for me to book First Class.

I went back to the SQ website and was able to book my business class ticket from Jakarta to Delhi with the same identical itinerary as provided by Jetnsave for USD2,911 - more than USD 200 cheaper than the quote that was provided by Jetnsave - I wrote back to them claiming all the stuff they promised on their web site if I can find a quote cheaper than theirs - have not yet heard back from them.

So guys - I did the necessary research and found out that if something sounds too good to be true it is just that - remember that it is our own greed or need for discounts that can get us into trouble with scammers and it is well worth it to check things out in detail.

I hope this may help answer some of the questions that travellers may have regarding Jetnsave.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I like to occasionally click on their links so they get charged for the click. The entire write-up from the founder is sketchy at best. I like the last part about upgrading using miles "amongst other things".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.