Kayak.com/buzz

Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
Kayak.com/buzz

Kayak.com/buzz disappeared yesterday morning.

Does anybody know if Kayak has permanently deleted this tool? Kind of look like it.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you have any previous searches in your history or can find one online you can still get results. It looks like only the main page is down.

For example, this Newark search still works

http://www.kayak.com/h/buzz/view?ac=...NearbyAP=false

and you can change the airport to what you need it to be.

Change the airport code in the URL, it doesn't seem to work that well in the pull downs on the form on the buzz page.

If they are removing they did not remove all of it, so I'm hoping there's still some hope for it, and it was just a glitch they are trying to work out.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Question where's Buzz ...

Originally Posted by jaymar01

Does anybody know if Kayak has permanently deleted this tool? Kind of look like it.
+1

All of my favs have disappeared - top 25 - lowest fare - you name it, all gone ???
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:53 pm

I wrote an email to Kayak, I suggest you do the same. This temporary fix is great but Buzz is an excellent tool, way better than "Explore."

S
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Buzz was incredibly useful for me as a tool before as well. Will be contacting Kayak to express this sentiment.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: NWA Worldperks, AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus
It still works but you have to change the airport using the url cordelli provided.

Change EWR twice to the airport of your choice to get back the buzz feature. Also this only works for the Top 25 and not the lowest fare. It's better than nothing I guess.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by relativelynormal
It still works but you have to change the airport using the url cordelli provided.

Change EWR twice to the airport of your choice to get back the buzz feature. Also this only works for the Top 25 and not the lowest fare. It's better than nothing I guess.
I've been doing this for a while now - was able to fish the old version from my history.

But ... for how long will we be able to use this "trick" ???

I myself do not like the new version at all
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:38 am

Cannot seem to get my old link to work any longer - the same for the link that cordelli provided
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:12 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jaymar01

kayak buzz is gone but there are so many new cool tools like teh explorer tool and the flexible month tool! Check them all out!

When Double-Wides Fly: Kayak.com Adding New Features http://www.whendoublewidesfly.com/20....html?spref=tw
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by rockferd
kayak buzz is gone but there are so many new cool tools like teh explorer tool and the flexible month tool! Check them all out!
Uh, uh ... not so cool without our fav top 25 and history of lowest fares.

How else would one discover and post this fare that I found myself last week thru the top 25 to Europe ???
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:52 am

A Buzz Workaround for Fares to a City

http://www.kayak.com/h/farealert?loc...HI&rc=u&mc=USD

This is for Chicago to Tucson. Just replace the TUS and CHIs appropriately and you can have back your Buzz! Enjoy!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
I've been using the workaround link provided by Mike Cordelli for the last year...but it disappeared about two weeks ago.

Does anybody have any thoughts on a worthwhile replacement. I find Kayak/explore to be a very poor substitute....but alas it may the best option available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.