Need a quick opinion about Vayama

Subscribe
I have read a bunch of the threads about Vayama, but most of them were older. I understand that their flights are USUALLY fine except when you need to change the schedule for some reason.

Would *you* order a ticket from them for about $100 less than going directly through the airline? This is an airline ticket for my husband. It's a short overseas trip to visit family, and I am in some ways inclined to book straight with the airline because a short trip doesn't leave a lot of time for things to go wrong, you know?

Any RECENT experience with vayama that anyone is willing to share?

thanks
$100 isn't enough of an incentive for me to book with an online TA instead of the airline direct. Especially on an overseas itin, I don't want to have to play pass-the-buck when something goes awry and the airline and agent direct you to each other.
Thanks

That's more or less how I feel about it, too. He's more of the "saver" type, so I think I needed some backup on my opinion to share with him.

thanks ^
I booked an AC ticket YYC-YVR-ICN return on Vayama last spring for about $150 less than I could see anywhere else. Travel experience was no different than booking anywhere else as far as I could tell but I didn't have to make any changes to the ticket.
You get what you pay for
On the 9 of 10 trips where everything goes smoothly, you might just as well book with the cheapest portal you can find. On the 1 of 10 which get screwed up, whether by the pax, the carrier, some unknown, the WX or whatever, you will lose more time, effort & money fixing that one than you will likely save on the other 9.

If you own a reliable crystal ball and can see that your trip will go just fine, book through a third-party vendor. If you don't, then don't.
Booked with them in 2010 for my first overseas trip, even booked the trip insurance and all that. Was very smooth and easy to use, had no issues at all. Would recommend again.
Please continue to follow this thread in the Online Booking Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator